Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 11:41 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I have heard nasty bad stories of San Francisco and California from ignorant/stupid people across the country since I can remember.
It really kicked up a notch when I did the army thing.
Lots of jealousy going on.
Simple people with nothing smarter to say for the most part.
They couldn’t all be stupid could they?
Maybe.

Even last week, I was talking to an old farmer in the sticks of Washington and he said “I heard lots of California is going to fall into the ocean” and he believed every bit of it .
Interesting. People say the same thing about parts of Puget Sound and Western WA. Had he heard that? And if so, did he believe it, I wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 10:47 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
SF (local government) has one of the most corrupt and discriminatory governments around. You will only hear that from an insider.
Alot of it involves getting $$$ and funds from Federal Gov't.

Old 05-28-2022, 09:40 AM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
SF (local government) has one of the most corrupt and discriminatory governments around. You will only hear that from an insider.
Which - if so - has what to do with someone curious about visiting as a tourist this summer?

Old 05-28-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with the bolded? Isn't part of their job finding funding for programs, projects? Who knows, maybe they'll actually do something helpful for the homeless with it....

Old 05-29-2022, 12:05 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What's wrong with the bolded? Isn't part of their job finding funding for programs, projects? Who knows, maybe they'll actually do something helpful for the homeless with it....
This has nothing to do with the homeless. 40+ years ago there were less homeless next to nothing compared to today. Yet the practices and deception long ago were already in place.
Today it's a different and much worse situation that continues creating a warm welcome to all for the crazies and homeless to come to San Fransicko which has changed but for the worse. It's just another way to create more employment and add more bureaucratic red tape to provide employment which is the eyes of some to be a good thing but doesn't help the problem. A smoke screen so to speak.-Creates jobs.

Old 05-29-2022, 12:18 AM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with the homeless. 40+ years ago there were less homeless next to nothing compared to today. Yet the practices and deception long ago were already in place.
Today it's a different and much worse situation that continues creating a warm welcome to all for the crazies and homeless to come to San Fransicko which has changed but for the worse. It's just another way to create more employment and add more bureaucratic red tape to provide employment which is the eyes of some to be a good thing but doesn't help the problem. A smoke screen so to speak.-Creates jobs.
Which - if so - has exactly what to do with someone curious about visiting as a tourist this summer?

Old 05-29-2022, 05:53 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Since I have not been to San Fran in years (since my Aunt, Uncle, & Cousins moved from SF to Sparks NV), I looked up the 2021 crime stats, and here they are:

https://missionlocal.org/2022/01/exp...sco-last-year/

The homeless population has doubled since my last visit, & it was bad back then, especially in Union Square:

https://sfgov.org/scorecards/safety-...ess-population

Car break-ins seem to be quite common, & they are up 32% reports the SFPD. If you go, park in an attended garage.

If I went back today, I'd stay in Tiburon, at the gorgeous Lodge there, & visit the wine country, & Mendocino. I might uber into SF for one day culminating at the Redwood Room for evening cocktails, then uber out of there before dark back to Tiburon.

I prefer the areas North of San Fran now, but glad I got to see San Fran when I did, because it was so naturally beautiful.

I'm considering spending August 2023 just North of SF, so I'll stay atuned to see how things evolve.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 05-29-2022 at 06:43 AM..

Old 05-29-2022, 07:46 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times
SF is very picturesque but CRIME is out of control!

Old 05-29-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
SF is very picturesque but CRIME is out of control!
People still visit the city and have a wonderful time. Visitors have posted so here, within the last year. People who live in SF go through their daily lives, and have fun on the weekends around town, without witnessing or experiencing any crime. The one thing in common among the people I know who live in the City is that they don't own cars, so they don't have that particular vulnerability.

Old 05-29-2022, 08:13 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
People still visit the city and have a wonderful time. Visitors have posted so here, within the last year. People who live in SF go through their daily lives, and have fun on the weekends around town, without witnessing or experiencing any crime. The one thing in common among the people I know who live in the City is that they don't own cars, so they don't have that particular vulnerability.

Good advice!

I hear most people talk about break-ins/Bipping being one of the main crime issues. Maybe have no car, reduce chance of being victimized!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland