Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:07 PM

42,711 posts, read 25,867,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaDave View Post
I am wondering this too. It may be a better option than Sacramento.
Nope it's hardly a better option. If you want to live in that area try Brentwood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 02:38 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,949,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So because someone actually likes living in Antioch that makes them a real estate agent?
It's their first and only post that was brought up from the dead. Doesn't read like a legitimate post but more of a rah-rah from someone looking to sell houses. But I suppose we can wait and see if the poster has anything more to say other than Antioch is wonderful and great bargain. It's not that difficult to sniff out the posters with an agenda rather than those that are genuinely looking for information.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:40 PM

620 posts, read 1,191,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
I doubt that. Have you been to Antioch in the last 15 years? It's New East Oakland.

I drove down Sycamore recently this month to drop off a friend who needed a ride. Bunch of black dudes between the ages of 16-25 walking the streets/hanging out 11:45 PM....on a TUESDAY. Call it a hunch, but I don't think they are employable. Anyone with a job or going to school doesn't walk around aimlessly at that time, unless there is nightlife near by.

Antioch is a slumburb.
I was going to play basketball for Los Medanos college in Pittsburg. I know the area is not nice. But I think you guys all over exaggerate it. All bad parts of Oakland, Richmond, San Francisco are much worse. I would compare it more to a Hayward. East Palo Alto is worse too.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:43 PM

10 posts, read 12,655 times
Antioch can be SCARY. Like Breaking Bad scary.

Give me Richmond or Hunters Point ANY DAY over Antioch

Old 10-26-2015, 04:30 PM

540 posts, read 648,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTaverner View Post
Antioch can be SCARY. Like Breaking Bad scary.

Give me Richmond or Hunters Point ANY DAY over Antioch
LOL Troll

Old 11-06-2017, 06:21 AM

478 posts, read 676,925 times
The 4 is widen now and we are close to 2018. Is Antioch still bad? Can't be as bad as vallejo.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:13 AM

6,399 posts, read 8,222,437 times
Oh, it's worse.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:42 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,473,727 times
Antioch is definitely worse than Vallejo. Antioch is also worse than Richmond and West Oakland. Compared to East Oakland? It's probably a draw. Anyway, I would consider living in Pittsburg, Oakley, or Brentwood long before I'd consider Antioch.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:55 PM

522 posts, read 728,338 times
If you're thinking of moving to Antioch, don't, and instead move to Vallejo. The housing prices are comparable, the crime is comparable, you're 20 miles closer to San Francisco (30 vs. 50), you're on the bay so the weather is much cooler in the summer, and Vallejo seems to be gentrifying, while Antioch seems to be getting worse. I recently moved to Vallejo (bought a house) and haven't had a single issue, and I'm in proximity to Magazine Street, which is one of Vallejo's rougher areas and never have seen or heard anything bad. Lived here for a year and a half. In Vallejo, the neighborhoods that look nice typically are. In Antioch, big suburban subdivisions with the type of new houses you see in Dublin or Elk Grove still have a ton of drug activity, and violence. My friend Chris lives in Antioch, on the south side of Highway 4, which is considered the nice side, and in the years he's lived there, he's had multiple drug raids near his house, a shooting, and a incident where someone blew up his neighbor's car over a drug debt. Not just saying this, it made the news: Antioch car fire nearly torches two homes Don't be fooled by its suburban aesthetic, Antioch is no ****ing joke.

Last edited by PixelatedTherapy; 11-06-2017 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland