Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 10:51 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
lolz. i actually moved into a city that has more black people than hayward. it's not that. i got tired of living in a ghetto ****hole (and I'm Mexican-American; the majority of hayward looks like me). Hayward doesn't look like the place when i grew up there in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Looks like crime has been trending down slightly since 2000, cannot find data from the 90's.
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...alifornia.html

Crime is still lower across the board than the national average, besides auto theft for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 10:54 AM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Looks like crime has been trending down slightly since 2000, cannot find data from the 90's.
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...alifornia.html

Crime is still lower across the board than the national average, besides auto theft for some reason.
crime has been declining across the board all over the country. if you ever venture out to Hayward, it looks no different to East LA (hence why i named it East LA 2.0), especially where I use to live (South Hayward near Tennyson Road).

Old 08-21-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
crime has been declining across the board all over the country. if you ever venture out to Hayward, it looks no different to East LA (hence why i named it East LA 2.0), especially where I use to live (South Hayward near Tennyson Road).
That area is not the best, but it is not typical for the rest of the city.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:05 PM

8 posts, read 15,300 times
I guess it has a lot to do with your choices, and perspectives. I enjoyed living in Hayward and find great benefits and satisfactions.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilnow View Post
I guess it has a lot to do with your choices, and perspectives. I enjoyed living in Hayward and find great benefits and satisfactions.
I think many time people view certain areas through the glass of affordability at the time of purchase.

Someone in San Carlos that bought a house in the 90's at a reasonable price will scoff at living in Hayward compared to their current area, but they would never be able to afford their current area if they were to buy today and then Hayward starts looking better.

I wish I could live in a bunch of other places than where I am now, but I was in elementary school when those areas were affordable, so it is not really an option for the under 30 crowd, or even under 40, unless you make big time bucks.

Of course you can always rent and live in a better area, but I do not think that is the best long term plan. Trying to make an ever increasing rent payment while trying to retire is tough. Making a small down grade in location and purchasing compared to renting will pay off greatly and allow me to retire at 55 and have a house that is free and clear (besides taxes) for 10 years prior to retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland