Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:36 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,150 times

Advertisements

Its been about over a month since my vaction there. I want to escape from New York already! the esacape isn't planned until July 09!
I don't know how I'm gonna do it, say good bye to family and friends, but I need to be there, I felt so much better there, granted I was on vacation and wasn't working, but still it just had something there that NY is lacking.
: smack::s mack::sm ack:
Get me outta NY! I wanna be riding down the coast on Highway 1!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 02:28 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,720,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post

Its been about over a month since my vaction there. I want to escape from New York already! the esacape isn't planned until July 09!
I don't know how I'm gonna do it, say good bye to family and friends, but I need to be there, I felt so much better there, granted I was on vacation and wasn't working, but still it just had something there that NY is lacking.
: smack::s mack::sm ack:
Get me outta NY! I wanna be riding down the coast on Highway 1!
I hope you have visited here more than once and are not basing your move next July on one visit.

But what the heck, load up the U-Haul and get on I-80 in New Jersey and floor it !! It's a nice sunny fall day here in San Francisco and the temp is about 72 .

Old 10-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I hope you have visited here more than once and are not basing your move next July on one visit.

But what the heck, load up the U-Haul and get on I-80 in New Jersey and floor it !! It's a nice sunny fall day here in San Francisco and the temp is about 72 .
If i don't do it now, i don't think I ever will. I love New York but ist just not the NY I remember anymore. I feel like a tourist in my own home.
I'm tired of being the novelty of being the only native ina room.
The weather and the environment are what really turn me on about the Bay Area.
I also got a job lined up at an after school program in Oakland!

Old 10-25-2008, 02:54 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,720,171 times
Quote:
:I wanna be riding down the coast on Highway 1!
The next time you drive down Hwy 1, go further south of Santa Cruz to Monterey and Big Sur . Big Sur Pictures - California stock photos, fine art prints by QTL.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
The next time you drive down Hwy 1, go further south of Santa Cruz to Monterey and Big Sur . Big Sur Pictures - California stock photos, fine art prints by QTL.
WOW! Holy crap! Can't wait to go there!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:25 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
I guess its early, but Welcome.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:50 PM

516 posts, read 1,338,227 times
I feel your pain. I actually LEFT San Fran and am currently living in Omaha NE. I wanna go home!!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:38 PM

630 posts, read 1,294,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy From Cali View Post
I feel your pain. I actually LEFT San Fran and am currently living in Omaha NE. I wanna go home!!
IM WITH YOU ALSO, i love SF, i moved down south and have made it a promise to someday go home again. San Frascisco is awsome and one of a kind!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 AM

495 posts, read 1,830,672 times
Quote:
If i don't do it now, i don't think I ever will. I love New York but ist just not the NY I remember anymore.
Funny this is how I feel about SF at times. It is not the same city I grew up in. Everything changes -- only thing that is constant. Plato said that right?

Good luck with your journey Joe Bama.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodlvr View Post
Funny this is how I feel about SF at times. It is not the same city I grew up in. Everything changes -- only thing that is constant. Plato said that right?

Good luck with your journey Joe Bama.
I have an understanding of the unwanted changes going on in many metroplotan areas throughout the nation, but like I've been saying,
"If I'm gonna live in Disneyland at least I want nice weather"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland