Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 12:06 PM

6 posts, read 29,488 times

Advertisements

I will be transferring to the JCPenney in San Bruno so I aim moving to the San Burno, San Francisco area in mide Jan. of 2009 and aim trying to find a cheep hotel or motel to stay at. for a few months.

I aim trying to find one that has ether weekly or monthly rates, tell I get the money up to get a apartment that runs about $500.00 to $700.00 a month with some utilities paid (if passablt)
If anyone knows where I can find such a place pleas let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 12:25 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
There is NO SUCH THING as an apartment for $700 in the Bay Area. Not even close. If you see any, they're either scams, dumps in some of the worst neighborhoods in the USA, or a minimum of 2 1/2 hours away from San Bruno. Two years ago I was on a similar budget, and I wound up renting out a master suite in a house in Milpitas for $700 plus my share of utilities.

As for a monthly rate for a hotel, there is Extended Stay America in Belmont but it will cost you much more than renting a room.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:30 PM

6 posts, read 29,488 times
Default moveing to SF from daytona beach

Can you tell me how I can find a room for rent? Is their a newspaper like the PENNEYSAVER or THRIFTYNICKLE in SF or SB?

Old 12-04-2008, 04:45 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,724,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS123456 View Post
Can you tell me how I can find a room for rent? Is their a newspaper like the PENNEYSAVER or THRIFTYNICKLE in SF or SB?
Try peninsula rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist (http://www.sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/roo - broken link) or the San Francisco Chronicle classified ads San Francisco Bay Area — News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Classifieds: SFGate.

We do have the Pennysaver here - not sure how you would find it on the web.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:07 AM

367 posts, read 1,285,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS123456 View Post
I will be transferring to the JCPenney in San Bruno so I aim moving to the San Burno, San Francisco area in mide Jan. of 2009 and aim trying to find a cheep hotel or motel to stay at. for a few months.

I aim trying to find one that has ether weekly or monthly rates, tell I get the money up to get a apartment that runs about $500.00 to $700.00 a month with some utilities paid (if passablt)
If anyone knows where I can find such a place pleas let me know
Haaahaaa. If passablt? This thread is intended as a joke.....especially considering $500 dollars a month for rent with some utilities paid. Pretty funny... If true, then you might want to move to Bismarck, ND or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland