U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 AM

2,265 posts, read 2,772,973 times

Advertisements

What are Bay Area residents' overall Thoughts on Martinez? It seems to be a bit more affordable than other area towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 06:54 PM

3,116 posts, read 6,833,192 times
IMO, Martinez is cute and small but it doesn't have the BART, the schools are not as good as the surrounding cities, it is fairly safe, and it is right on top of refineries.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:35 AM

7,688 posts, read 25,670,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
IMO, Martinez is cute and small but it doesn't have the BART, the schools are not as good as the surrounding cities, it is fairly safe, and it is right on top of refineries.
I guess the North Concord/Martinez station doesn't count. It is rather far away from most of Martinez.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:41 AM

2,265 posts, read 2,772,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
I guess the North Concord/Martinez station doesn't count. It is rather far away from most of Martinez.
I'd say that public transport would be important when considering anywhere in the Bay Area. I did think that Martinez had a BART Station.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:39 AM

331 posts, read 1,201,040 times
Martinez is a very nice community. There is the old part downtown with small cute houses and the newer area over closer to the Pleasant Hill border. I guess it just depends on what is most important to you. There is not a BART station close but dependin on where you live in Martinez, you can jump on the freeway and get to the North Concord BART station. Downtown has some cute shops, restaurants and the Marina.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:30 AM

sonarrat, there is NO BART station in Martinez. There is one in close by Lafayette, Orinda, or Concord but not in Martinez. Pleasant Hill BART station might be closer than the one in Concord.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:31 AM

Also, the old part/downtown area of Martinez is really cute!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 PM

16 posts, read 101,741 times
martinez is very safe. downtown is old and some people really i Heart Martinez! lol.. also a few bars and wandering drunk folks, lol... Martinez stretches out into the valley and towards pleasant hill where there is no refinery =) Its pretty similar to Pleasant hill

Old 04-07-2009, 12:24 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,781,929 times
Kind of a funny story. I originally looked at Martinez and Vacaville. I decided on Vacaville based on location for work though, but when my Comcast installer came to my apartment, I struck up conversation with him and asked him about Martinez. He looked oddly and said that it was filled with "crackheads." I have no idea if there are a large amount of wandering drunks/crackheads but that's what he said. When I drove through Martinez, I thought it was really, really cute though. I thought that getting off of 580 and getting into town was uber-inconvenient though, which was a reason I didn't choose to move there. It's definitely in the running for next move though.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:52 PM

7,688 posts, read 25,670,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Kind of a funny story. I originally looked at Martinez and Vacaville. I decided on Vacaville based on location for work though, but when my Comcast installer came to my apartment, I struck up conversation with him and asked him about Martinez. He looked oddly and said that it was filled with "crackheads." I have no idea if there are a large amount of wandering drunks/crackheads but that's what he said. When I drove through Martinez, I thought it was really, really cute though. I thought that getting off of 580 and getting into town was uber-inconvenient though, which was a reason I didn't choose to move there. It's definitely in the running for next move though.
Maybe you should have tried 680? Or 4. The first time I visited Martinez, I was thinking of going to Sacramento on a lark, but I realized I didn't have cash for a bridge toll, so I got off of 680 at Marina Vista and wound up in the downtown area. It was St. Patrick's Day and since I was there, I went to one of the pubs I spotted.. I think it was probably Mr. Pickwick's. Loved the cute old neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland