Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM

26 posts, read 70,072 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving into the Walnut Hill Apartments on Trinity Avenue in Walnut Creek. Can anyone tell me their opinion of the apartment complex or about Trinity Avenue area?

Thanx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM

18,965 posts, read 32,455,531 times
That's a really convenient location being midway between the BART station and downtown core. You probably won't need a car for most errands.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,038,615 times
Walnut Creek is a great place to live. I'm not familiar with the complexes you listed but overall Walnut Creek is GREAT!

Old 12-22-2014, 03:34 PM

44 posts, read 65,275 times
What is so great about it? I ask because I am leaning towards moving there from FL.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 AM

1,264 posts, read 1,412,739 times
I just posted in the other WC thread as well, but I'll add some comments here also.

I currently live in the Mercer, which is an upscale condo complex that is right in front of the apartments on Trinity Ave. It's not really my style, so we're moving out next month. I don't have any specific comments on the interior of the units at Walnut Hill, but the exterior seems a bit dated if it's the complex I'm thinking of, but that doesn't mean much. It's very close to the BART station (probably a 10 minute walk) and very close to downtown WC as well. Trinity becomes Civic once you cross California Blvd, which is a good cut through to Pleasant Hill or to points in WC east of downtown as well.

I like WC for what it is. Safe, suburban with a downtown, convenient to public transport to the city - but if you need to commute into SF on a daily basis, I wouldn't recommend it unless you work right off of the BART station in SoMA or FiDi (basically either the Embarcadero or Montgomery stops), and even then it's still an hour of standing and sweating on the train each way during rush hours. BART from the East Bay is tough in general unless you're on the Dublin/Pleasanton or Fremont lines. The others are incredibly crowded.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:15 PM

18,965 posts, read 32,455,531 times
If you board BART at Pleasant Hill you can catch completely empty trains that come from the yard. Those same trains should still have seats in WC but you have to know the schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland