Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times

Advertisements

So for years I was a big Florida hater, then I moved there...now I absolutely love it! I used to Hate California but then I moved to San Diego...now I absolutely love it! However when it comes to San Francisco I hated it b/c of the pretentious people and how anti military the people are not anti war I have no problem someone being anti war, I served in the military, now one reason I never wanted to move to SF was how far left the city was. I work in the financial industry here in Milwaukee and I travel a lot, I recently had a co worker go to SF and he said it was beautiful, so I spent the last couple weeks looking at pictures and doing research on the Bay Area. I'm looking to move to warmer climate but never wanted to consider SF....

I Have now changed my mind, my favorite Cities to move to are:

1. Miami
2. San Diego
3. San Fran
4. Chicago
5. Heck I live in Wisconsin I'll take anywhere in California!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Good to know

Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM

How does the trolley system work? you always see people just hopping on and off don't you have to pay to ride it?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
If you can deal with stereotypes in Miami, San Diego, or other parts of the country then SF probably won't be that different. The Anti-military crowd tends to be a very small minority in my experiance, they are just loud and want attention. Plenty of normal, politically moderate people going about their day amongst a few weirdos and loonies here and there. It's really not as bad as some people make it out to be imo. You take the good with the bad and their is a interesting mix of people.

Also realize that CITY of SF isn't exactly warm, but cool to mild. Don't expect temps above 75 but also won't dip below 40 either. Inland can be MUCH warmer though.

You have to pay to ride the Muni or BART, MUNI has a lot of fare evaders though it seems.

I would visit to make sure you'd like the atmosphere first b/c its pretty different from San Diego on the surface.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
lso realize that CITY of SF isn't exactly warm, but cool to mild. Don't expect temps above 75 but also won't dip below 40 either. Inland can be MUCH warmer though.
This I know, my wife and I are coming out to sf next yr for some big marathon. She is the marathon runner and she would like that weather to run in. I like hot weather but like I said I live in WI anything is better than our 6months of winter

Old 04-10-2009, 01:16 AM

63 posts, read 225,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I live in WI anything is better than our 6months of winter
I hear ya. I just moved here from Fond du Lac.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntDianesArk View Post
I hear ya. I just moved here from Fond du Lac.
Oh you mean......

"FondJu Lac" -Dan Akroyd SNL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland