Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:10 PM

402 posts, read 1,019,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia12345678910 View Post
I heard that the dating scene in San Francisco is HORRIBLE for heterosexual women and that most of the dudes there are gay ... I'm not American but just hearing about this has convinced me never to go to San Francisco if I ever want to meet a man whom loves women

I love Houston , TX and Los Angeles , CA though

So ...
Is it true ?
Is it truly a horror movie there ??????????
This is a rediculous myth.

I lived just outside SF for most of my life, I am straight, and most of my friends actually used to go to the city for the specific purpose OF meeting women. IMO, it's easier to meet women there, because you can go to most bars and find a mix of people that are from everywhere and not in an exclusive cliche'.

People also come from all of the outying ares of the city to experience the nightlife, so it's really easy to meet someone that is from, say, Freemont, Daily city, San Carlos, etc. and is just in the city for the night. These places are all still close enough to SF to make a relationship possible.

Anyway, there are plenty of straight people in the city. Go in there on any random day and you'll see couples walking around the marina holding hands, around the Union and Gough area . . . . I agree with what others have posted - if you have a problem dating there, then you just have a problem dating period. There are plenty of opportuniites.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:49 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,344,965 times
The OP's probably got (or had) a listing in Craigslist for "services" and is just trolling her.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:43 PM

96 posts, read 309,097 times
I just can not comprehend the idea of constantly complaining about a place that I've never been nor have any intention of visiting.

It would be like me checking the Kenosha, WI section to spew my opinions or generalizations on a near daily basis. I can't grasp the point.

No offense to Kenosha, btw.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:46 PM

57 posts, read 381,643 times
try one of the dating sites & browse the many single straight men in the area...you'll quickly see the type of men that are here (athletic, smart, etc..)

Old 05-21-2009, 04:15 PM

173 posts, read 364,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casportsfan View Post

I lived just outside SF for most of my life, I am straight, and most of my friends actually used to go to the city for the specific purpose OF meeting women. IMO, it's easier to meet women there, because you can go to most bars and find a mix of people that are from everywhere and not in an exclusive cliche'.

People also come from all of the outying ares of the city to experience the nightlife, so it's really easy to meet someone that is from, say, Freemont, Daily city, San Carlos, etc. and is just in the city for the night. These places are all still close enough to SF to make a relationship possible.

Anyway, there are plenty of straight people in the city. Go in there on any random day and you'll see couples walking around the marina holding hands, around the Union and Gough area . . . . I agree with what others have posted - if you have a problem dating there, then you just have a problem dating period. There are plenty of opportuniites.
That's because you are a straight man and since there are a lot of straight women then it's like a candy story from your point of view

Straight women have it harder I heard ... very hard indeed ... huge ratio for them

Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,970,350 times
Hmmm.... always has the final say, argumentative, keeps on coming back to pick fights, is always right and is highly opinionated about things she knows nothing about.

San Francisco men- Do you think she'd have problems finding good men to date? Or would most men be all over this stunning personality?

Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,283,468 times
Quote:
That's because you are a straight man and since there are a lot of straight women then it's like a candy story from your point of view

Straight women have it harder I heard ... very hard indeed ... huge ratio for them

Wrong, why do you think San Francisco is cut off from the rest of the world? San Francisco is ONE city out of dozens in the bay area where all people go to. What is this nonsense about it being hard? I see attractive women getting hit on all day down town. I go out with my wife and her friends and they get guys staring at them even when I'm standing there. Like I said before and I'm serious, your friend must not be attractive.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:29 PM

50 posts, read 99,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casportsfan View Post

Surely you are right. The dating scene in ANY big city is going to be similar with the vast vast majority of people everywhere, men and women, being straight. SF does have a gay reputation but surely it is absurd ( I mean no offence to the OP but it IS absurd ) to suppose that a metro area of millions is going to be short of straight people.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:02 AM

173 posts, read 364,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerboy View Post
Surely you are right. The dating scene in ANY big city is going to be similar with the vast vast majority of people everywhere, men and women, being straight. SF does have a gay reputation but surely it is absurd ( I mean no offence to the OP but it IS absurd ) to suppose that a metro area of millions is going to be short of straight people.
I know that most people are straight most of the time and most places ( villages , towns , cities , various countries , etc ) but I'm still in doubts of SF ... maybe just maybe you're right

" The dating scene in ANY big city is going to be similar with the vast vast majority of people everywhere, men and women, being straight. "

I'm going to revise the SF demographics for now again...

Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 AM

701 posts, read 2,026,734 times
Quote:

Idiot... who CARES if the women are attractive
Are ATTRACTIVE men HITTING on women?
YOU don't seem to get what I am stating

Are the men whom hit on women ATTRACTIVE? Or are they ugly as sin?
You're straight and in San Francisco... okay... but are you SEXY? HUNKY? Or just average? Or ugly?

I KNOW that there are a few dudes that hit on women in San Francisco... but are they good looking?

Do you understand what I am asking?
Christ... They're MEN, just like anywhere else - ugly, attractive, fat, skinny, short, tall etc.

San Francisco is a large city with an ecclectic mixture of people. It's not like your traveling to Jupiter, god damn it.

Last edited by Beat02; 05-26-2009 at 04:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland