U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:19 PM

5,191 posts, read 6,833,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioobag View Post
Amelia: I would advise my daughter (if she were older) and my sister (if I had one) to completely avoid San Francisco as a place for men.

It's a small place, 1/2 of the city is Asian, excluding that demographic brings the populace down to 300,000, there are something like 100,000+ gay men there, that leaves 200,000 people, probably 55% of whom are women, that leaves about 100,000 straight white men of all ages. Subtract those that are too old, etc. and you start to get the picture really fast.

Lastly, and I know it will bug many (but it's what I believe), the SF straight men that are single are usually kinda wimpy types. If you want the liberal, bike-riding type, with poor posture, no muscle tone, lousy haircuts, goodwill clothes, maybe an idiotic tatoo, etc. .......that's at least 1/2 or more of the straight male demographic.

I would steer any single women looking for a man away from SF. Most of the guys (and everybody for that matter) are transients. Most will not spend their lifetimes in San Francisco. It's all around bad.
No, no its not, but thanks for playing. I can start with your incorrect statistics on what percentage of the city is Asian but I'll save myself a bunch of time by stating that you're wrong across the board.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 4,035 times
it's the WORST place to meet single, QUALITY, men. the single men in SF are immature player-boys, and the ugliest guys on the planet. tech guys are ugly. and they think they're great since they are in such demand.good luck to all you good looking single women. keep dreamin' about the victorian home and the great, straight, husband. i've lived here for over 12 years, and the dating scene is THE worst.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM

14,937 posts, read 7,050,198 times
Closed for moderators review

Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 PM

24,822 posts, read 28,734,621 times
I tried to clean up this one, but the last 2-4 pages are full of bickering... so I'm sorry guys/gals, but you'll have to start over if you want to discuss this issue. Without the insults and fighting, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland