Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 PM

3 posts, read 6,317 times

Advertisements

So ive been living in concord for the past 7 years on clayton road and finally theres houses that i can actally buy in pittsburg even then there being new! like im talking about in baypoint on the hill like san marco or in pitt, in highlands ranch, not like the old houses. But i wanted to know even espically now how is the crime there? i think its all but a bunch of hype nowadays because even now on clayton road towards bart and north concord theres alot of crime happening there and many homeless people along with ignorant african americans not educated africans but ignorant ones who think there ghetto with there pants hanging low to there feet showing there bare ass, so no one gets offended into thinking that im that kind of person who thinks of racial profiling and what not but u see and also how do i know that clayton road is becoming crappy? ive been renting here for the past 7 years (used to live in south san jose before) and now all the sudden houses are cheap espically cheap in pittsburg and new, and in concord crimes rising ghetto people are moving in, and my cars been broken into, i live on ayers road also which isnt even considering before dangerous and even now if you want to buy a house in concord around 200 to 400k range there hella old and not even big at all like sq feet and cost like 500k and you can get a palace in the price in pittsburg. any ways i dont care about blacks or mexicans or whites in the neigborhood as long as its not dangerous or like monument and what not because im buying a house not renting one and that to in newer neighborhoods where poor ass uneducated people cant even afford to buy houses in new communities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 04:21 PM

15 posts, read 61,715 times
I moved to Pittsburg a little over two years ago, and I've been happy with my choice so far. I live in Oak Hills in a 5-bedroom house that's about 10 years old now, but new enough to have double-paned windows and good insulation. We've barely even used the AC this summer since we can just open the windows at night, and utilities are next to nothing, especially when I compare to the people who live in 50 year old houses in Concord. As for crime...I got my bike and a drill stolen out of the garage a few months after I moved in when I left the door open overnight. I've been closing the garage door since then, with no problems. Also, it seems that some of the problem people have left the area...one particular home down the street where some known criminals lived for a few months was vacated a few months ago, and the police patrol pretty regularly. I walk my kids to the park regularly to play, they're 1 and 3, and I've never had any problems with anyone. We just had another 3 year-old and her family move in across the street from us and they're pretty friendly too. A lot of times when I go to the park, there's other families there too with their kids.

It's a pretty diverse neighborhood in a lot of ways, some of our neighbors are from Egypt, others are Sikhs, some hispanics, some blacks, some whites, some Filipinos. All in all, though, it's a good place to live and I'd move here all over again if I had the chance to do it over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland