Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 PM

4 posts, read 15,234 times

Advertisements

I'm considering using Travis Credit Union in Vacaville for a mortgage loan.

Anyone have experience with them?

Part of the reason I'm considering them is that they offer a 3:1 matching Wish Grant up to 15K (you put 5 in, get 15).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 09:46 AM

186 posts, read 475,106 times
My cousin has, she likes them.

But there's tons of travis credit unions in the bay area, I believe they have a good reputation.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 AM

5 posts, read 16,349 times
Travis credit union is good, but read the fine print of everything and agree to everything before you sign, because they can be very strict.
Ive been a member for 35 years now.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,126 times
[FONT=Verdana]When they make any mistakes with your account they are very slow to respond. They have been having problems with their ATM machines for the past two days and haven't notified their customers. My wife went to use the ATM today and it withdrew $200 from our account but didn't give her any money. They said they knew there was a problem with the ATM but we would have to wait until sometime next week to get our money back. They also messed up my account a couple years ago by accidentally transferring money out of my account. This caused a bunch of my checks to bounce and they took over a week to fix the issue. Their managers are very hard to get a hold of, they must try to insulate themselves, and even though they have numerous ATMs taking peoples money I was told that the mangers didn't work on weekends, wish I had that job.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 07-25-2009, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,126 times
Default Limited accountability

[FONT=Verdana]When they make any mistakes with your account they are very slow to respond. They have been having problems with their ATM machines for the past two days and haven't notified their customers. My wife went to use the ATM today and it withdrew $200 from our account but didn't give her any money. They said they knew there was a problem with the ATM but we would have to wait until sometime next week to get our money back. They also messed up my account a couple years ago by accidentally transferring money out of my account. This caused a bunch of my checks to bounce and they took over a week to fix the issue. Their managers are very hard to get a hold of, they must try to insulate themselves, and even though they have numerous ATMs taking peoples money I was told that the mangers didn't work on weekends, wish I had that job.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland