Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 07:20 AM

16 posts, read 51,312 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

I posted a couple weeks ago about commuting from san fran to sonoma county for my new job at Sonoma State. I am packing and will be heading out there on Aug 1. I need your wise council once again.

Should I get rid of alot iof my winter stuff? Heavy coats, long underwear, gloves. I am from Boston, so I've amassed quite a collection. Do any of you ever find yourself wearing such things?

Should I get an a/c when I get out there? the apt does not come with it, and I am not sure how hot it gets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,718,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychprof View Post
Hi folks,

I posted a couple weeks ago about commuting from san fran to sonoma county for my new job at Sonoma State. I am packing and will be heading out there on Aug 1. I need your wise council once again.

Should I get rid of alot iof my winter stuff? Heavy coats, long underwear, gloves. I am from Boston, so I've amassed quite a collection. Do any of you ever find yourself wearing such things?

Should I get an a/c when I get out there? the apt does not come with it, and I am not sure how hot it gets.
I wouldn't get rid of some of your winter stuff. During the winter, it's about 45 to 55 degrees during the day (and it rains often) and between about 25 to 40 degrees at night.

In the winter, the temp is in the 80's to 90's, but with low humidity. Many people don't have A/C, but some use fans or swamp coolers. It's comfortable at night during the summer - usually in the 60's to 70's.

Also, you are in for one dreadful commute between San Francisco and Sonoma everyday . You will spend more time on the road than I think you want to spend - not to mention gas and bridge toll expenses.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,388,424 times
Regarding winter, realize there are places elsewhere in the state with a 4 season climate, some of them within a 4 hour drive. So, if you ski / board, you'll want your winter stuff.

As for the actual climate where you'll be living, it's like Provence, in the parts away from the sea. Warm dry summers, cool rainy winters. Classic somewhat inland Mediterranean climate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland