Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:33 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times

Advertisements

This thread has to be some sort of joke right? Lew Wolff and billy beane are the best thing that has happened to Brokeland since the Haas family and the Haas family lost money with the A's and levi's. Lew wolff took a loosing team and completely rebuilt farm system left for dead. The A's have had 7 of the last 10 seasons that were winning and 5 out of the last 10 seasons they have made the play offs. All with one of the lowest payrolls and lowest fan attendance in baseball.

Want to know the truth, look at the numbers even when n the A's were having winning seasons or leading the league with wins, they still were not in the top 10 for attendance. And these are play off years people. The fact that play off home games did not even sell out, is not only bad for Oakland, its bad for baseball.

If you look at the difference between the A's and the Giants attendance before the giants built their stadium, both teams were neck and neck. Both played in crappy football stadiums in ghetto neighborhoods. The giants had the brilliant idea of making a ball park right down town and right near the bay bridge. The A's have never come close to giants attendance since. The giants draw more fans in a loosing season, than the A's do during a play off year. Why, because quite frankly Oakland is a dump and and the Giants ball park in SF is not.

Jokeland has got to be the worse enviornment not only to watch a ball game, but for sports in general. If you take bart, the first thing you see when you get up the escalator, is OG's, crackheads, and thugs standing end to end on the bart bridge, trying to scalp for tickets. Mean while OPD and Bart PD stand around and do nothing about it. I have seen the scalpers in such large numbers and with such aggressiveness that bart passangers were forced to walk around against the fence of the bridge just to get by.

I have drove to the collusium and parked at the Bart parking lot next door. Big mistake, I've had a tire slashed once for no reason other than I had a Giants decale on the car. I have also had my window smashed and my car broken into simply because I had an empty brown bag in the front passanger seat. The police said "some one probably figured there was drugs or money in the bag"

I've driven down 73rd and had some jerk was in a massive pick up truck simply sit in the middle of thenarrow road and not move, because he was talking to some hood rats on the corner. The guy did not even have the decency to make way for on coming traffic.

I've driven down 72nd and had a hood rat girl simply and diliberatly walk in that ghetto slow strut in the middle of the street. Purposly walking slow in the middle of the street, so I would have to wait until she was done being an child or an animal, before I could go.

I've been on internationl and hegenberger and have had dreadlocked creatures trying to sell me "purp" and "thizz" from the corner.

I witnessed a knife fight, on the bart after a 49ers vs raider game at the collusium bart

The fact of the matter is no one in their right mind comes to a sports venue in Oakland when there are more sophisticated more civil sports venues in SF. Its no suprise that the Oakland raiders football team are the LEAST valuable nfl franchise. The only reason the Warriors are doing so well is because they are the only basketball show in the area.

Seriously look at the stats, the only time the A's sell out is when the Yankees, SF, or Boston is in town.(Ie everyone comes to Jokeland to see the opposing team)

Or

When there is a jersey give away (ie "fans" wont show up unless they are getting something for free) Typical Brokeland.

Last edited by NorCal Dude; 09-07-2009 at 12:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 05:44 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post

If you look at the difference between the A's and the Giants attendance before the giants built their stadium, both teams were neck and neck. Both played in crappy football stadiums in ghetto neighborhoods. The giants had the brilliant idea of making a ball park right down town and right near the bay bridge.
In other words, if you build a nice stadium in a nice area, that makes a big difference.

REALLY? What a Brilliant deduction! We never would have thought of that. You should be a Detective.

The rest of your post is well, recycled toilet paper.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:39 PM
E14

147 posts, read 545,575 times
why all the hate for the coliseum?
the A's would not be the A's if they played in some yuppy gentrified ****hole. If the atmosphere at A's games ever became similar to that at AT&T, I would not go to another game. Instead of spending a bunch of time and money trying to move the A's, why not just build a winning team? that would put some asses in the seats and be much cheaper than a new stadium.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 PM

It's not the team, you can look at the stats, even when Oakland was winning people did not come out and support the team. The A's need to leave Oakland all together to get any type of success in this modern era of baseball. Oakland does not deserve the A's. The collusium is a complete dump of a football stadium and is probably the worst place to watch baseball save minute made park. Oakland has no one to blame but themselves, for being fair weather fans, and the gangsters in the city council.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Oakland deserves the 49ers. In a downtown stadium. And the 49ers deserve better ownership than 2nd generation DeBartolos who have run the franchise into the ground. New ownership, new venue, in the "correct" location to serve the largest number of fans.

And you cannot bet that the Raiders will stay.

Win - win?

Old 09-08-2009, 01:46 PM

Heh as long as al davis leaves the bay it is win win

Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,197 times
Quote:
The police said "some one probably figured there was drugs or money in the bag"
Sorry about your car but that statement was hilarious when I read it.

Yeah you just described some of the reasons why Oakland pretty much sucks. The sooner the A's get out of there the better.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:27 PM

Yea the sheer ghettoness of it was funny. People will steal anything that isnt nailed to the ground in Oakland. Can't say I ever had any of those types of problem when I parked at the Walnut Creek station. Fact of the matter is if and when the A's move to San Jose, all the nasty ghetto things which ruin the enviornment of the ballgame will not be there.

Personally i really don't care, I personally would love to see the A's leave California all together, they are just a garbage organization. But the players deserve a better city to play baseball in.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Heh as long as al davis leaves the bay it is win win
I agree 100%.

I personally would like all the teams to leave. They seem to be more of a distraction than a benefit to the City.

Oakland coffers make very little money with the A's as it is. The Raiders are nickel and dimers that have their bags packed at the ready, just waiting for the right time to bounce(that's hoodspeak for leave).

These organizations are not good 'corporate citizens' at all. Oaklanders and the plight of this city is probably of no importance to them whatsoever.

And I quite frankly am tired of walking on eggshells trying to impress them.

Quote:
Yea the sheer ghettoness of it was funny. People will steal anything that isnt nailed to the ground in Oakland.
You don't know the whole city--obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude
Yeah you just described some of the reasons why Oakland pretty much sucks.
We've had this discussion already. You have never lived here and really are in no position to say that you know anything about Oakland.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:15 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
We've had this discussion already. You have never lived here and really are in no position to say that you know anything about Oakland.
Try again, half my family lives there. I also live right next to downtown not because I want to but because of financial necessity. As soon as I get the money I'm out of here. And I am not:

1) White racist who lives in walnut creek (lol) so don't throw in the race card lol
2) Rich person living in SF
3 Any other lame excuse or stereotype you can pull out your behind

So lets not go there. Oakland sucks. Period. No need to say more. What city consistently has over 100 murders per year and ALWAYS shows up on the most dangerous cities list? Your guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland