Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I am mixed (2/3white/1/3black), my wife is a beautiful light skinned Filipina. It was a beautiful New Years eve on the embarcadero getting ready to watch fireworks. We kind of stood under this brightly lit grassy area without many people around us. Everybody was looking at us. Asians and Whites especially where giving disgusted looks all throughout the night. Some even walked away in anger. When the count down happened and we hit 0, all you heard where a very few whoos and yeahs... There where literally about 1000 people just within eye sight of us. One girl yelled out; "come on San Francisco what's wrong with you". Still silence. They looked at us and went on their merry way.

Now why would all these people give a crap about little old us on such a festive evening? Did we ruin their idea of the perfect (white/asian SF) Why would we care to notice the quite frightening and numerous looks of disgust aimed at us way past the three second rule. We don't do that. It was forced upon us whether we liked it or not.

You can cry mob mentality or whatever, but this is the liberal heartland of America. People in San Francisco emphasize practicing tolerance. This tolerance however is for some and not others. The newest,perverted social abomination which has emerged in this soup that is San Francisco is most troubleing. A strange new system of vitriol apartheid and isolation of certain groups. This awkward new social clusterfck isn't brought up in the media, because how could anyone believe San Francisco could be intolerant of "anything". It's diverse, so shut up says everyone. The former Yugoslavia was diverse to, and "they" all looked the same.
Can you get a life! lol you are pathetic. Are you one of those people who think if someone looks toward your direction..."omg those racist F&^%'s." I am a mix between Asian/White and I have a Chinese girl friend and I look 100% White. I never have any problems, maybe you're just plain ugly, or you look like you have an attitude problem or you dress like a psycho. You probally have a mix between an ego problem and mental problem if you think 1000 people were all staring at you because you look White and she looks Asian. Grow up ...I'm sorry to anyone who thinks I'm being rude, but this is such an outrageous claim especially when I also fit this match of an interracial couple. People like you need to move away from civilization and stop bringing your hate and prejudice to the rest of us.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 AM

205 posts, read 589,048 times
Some people need attention. Everyone who is even remotely intelligent knows the bay area is one of the most liberal places on earth.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 AM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,332 times
UrbanQuest = Cityboy jr.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
UrbanQuest = Cityboy jr.

touche.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:50 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what the OP is saying or complaining about? It was New Years Eve and countdown hit zero, but none of the thousands of people there cheered, they all just stopped and looked at you because of your race?

If anyone's being racist, it's the posters on this board who constantly complain about how "Asian" San Francisco is, how awful/rude "those Chinese people" are.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what the OP is saying or complaining about? It was New Years Eve and countdown hit zero, but none of the thousands of people there cheered, they all just stopped and looked at you because of your race?

If anyone's being racist, it's the posters on this board who constantly complain about how "Asian" San Francisco is, how awful/rude "those Chinese people" are.
Really? I missed those posts. However, SF is known for it's large Asian communities...Chinatown, Japantown, Koreatown and every other kind of town when it comes to diversity.
I have always worked with Asians and one of them told me they were taught to be assertive when they came to this country. It's their culture.
Some cultures are laid back, some are not. To each his own.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM

329 posts, read 1,028,608 times
Wow, the OP sounds like he went back in time to the 1950s in Alabamba but thought he was in San Francisco.

I don't believe this at all.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
How are your teefs?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I am mixed (2/3white/1/3black), my wife is a beautiful light skinned Filipina. It was a beautiful New Years eve on the embarcadero getting ready to watch fireworks. We kind of stood under this brightly lit grassy area without many people around us. Everybody was looking at us. Asians and Whites especially where giving disgusted looks all throughout the night. Some even walked away in anger. When the count down happened and we hit 0, all you heard where a very few whoos and yeahs... There where literally about 1000 people just within eye sight of us. One girl yelled out; "come on San Francisco what's wrong with you". Still silence. They looked at us and went on their merry way.

Now why would all these people give a crap about little old us on such a festive evening? Did we ruin their idea of the perfect (white/asian SF) Why would we care to notice the quite frightening and numerous looks of disgust aimed at us way past the three second rule. We don't do that. It was forced upon us whether we liked it or not.

You can cry mob mentality or whatever, but this is the liberal heartland of America. People in San Francisco emphasize practicing tolerance. This tolerance however is for some and not others. The newest,perverted social abomination which has emerged in this soup that is San Francisco is most troubleing. A strange new system of vitriol apartheid and isolation of certain groups. This awkward new social clusterfck isn't brought up in the media, because how could anyone believe San Francisco could be intolerant of "anything". It's diverse, so shut up says everyone. The former Yugoslavia was diverse to, and "they" all looked the same.
what a crock of you know what!!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
I see you are from New Jersey, maybe you were having a bad Bon Jovi hair day?

Anyways, I am a light skinned Mexican/Irish guy married to a darker skinned Mexican girl and sure we catch eyes (from mainly white people), but never anything to make us uncomfortable in the Bay, never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland