U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 AM

1,629 posts, read 4,486,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunInTheSun22 View Post
I have a gut feeling that there are a lot of good looking babes in the Bay Area. However, they might not all be in the same area. Down here, they usually congregate to the beach area. How are the beaches in Northern California? Is there a large scene that revolves around the beach?

Another concern about moving to the SF area is the cost of living. Right now, I live in a brand new luxury building with a rooftop pool, sauna, valet parking, concierge, great brazilian restaurant, etc etc. My rent is under $1300. Our building has an amazing social scene and a lot of folks just hang out at the pool all day, have a few drinks, and just meet new people. What can I expect to pay for a similar place in the East Bay?

Thanks everyone, your responses have been very helpful so far.
I live in Boca Raton right now, just North of you. You won't find anything like that in the Bay Area, especially in San Francisco or Oakland. Buildings are much older, land is less available, and expenses are much higher. It's a trade off, think of it as moving to NYC from Florida, you won't expect to live in a new building with a pool, sauna, and jacuzzi unless you are a millionaire.

The beach scene in the Bay Area is also nothing compared to Florida. The weather is too cold most of the year. However, when there is the occasional hot day, the beach is crowded (Ocean Beach). Stinson Beach has a lot more warmer days, but it's primarily a family beach. Santa Cruz has the best beach scene, but it's a long drive from San Francisco and East Bay.

Once again, think of living in the Bay Area as living in more of a NYC atmosphere, not Miami.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 08:07 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,923,165 times
Move to Southern California instead. You're not going to find what you're looking for in the Bay Area, especially if you're looking for a "beach scene".

Old 11-10-2009, 09:58 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,472,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Unfortunately there aren't many hot girls here...Oh, how I'm going to make enemies with this post! But really, it's true. The Bay Area is full of girls who THINK they're hot but really aren't. There are tons of them walking around with their noses in the air thinking they're a "10" when really in any other part of the country or even other parts of CA they'd be a "5" or "6". I'm sure tons of people will read this response and get all up in arms about it, but after living my whole life here I can honestly say it's true. There are lots of girls here who aren't hot but think they are and the girls that actually are hot won't let most guys come within 50 feet of them unless the guy makes $250k+ and looks like a Ken doll.

I came to all of this realization a few years ago. I've come to see that almost everywhere else I go, I see pretty girls just out and about their business (grocery store, gym, bank, etc.)...and I just don't see that here very often. The only place where there does seem to be a reasonable amount of attractive girls and where you may have luck finding pretty blondes is in the inland East Bay areas along I-680 (Pleasanton, San Ramon, Danville, etc.).

And to those who think I'm a bitter guy who's been shot down one to many times...simply not true. I'm actually married- to a beautiful blonde, no less...and I'm reasonably good looking and make decent money! I'm just pointing out my observations from 29+ years of growing up here. I know I'm not alone in my thinking either. I've discussed this issue with many guys before and have found many to be in agreement with me.
I'm surprised you say that being from San Jose, because Santana Row is full of really fine women a lot of the south bay is. Especially on weekends. Then again I think Blonds are overrated especially since most of them are fake blonds anyways. If you're into a variety of different attractive women the Bay has that, if you're looking for the stereotypical fake blond look with the big plastic **** and chiseled down fake nose, then yeah LA is all you.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,857,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
I'm surprised you say that being from San Jose, because Santana Row is full of really fine women a lot of the south bay is. Especially on weekends. Then again I think Blonds are overrated especially since most of them are fake blonds anyways. If you're into a variety of different attractive women the Bay has that, if you're looking for the stereotypical fake blond look with the big plastic **** and chiseled down fake nose, then yeah LA is all you.
Santana Row is a tiny little world of its own in SJ. Unfortunately, the girls there are the types I was referring to who know they're hot and and turn their noses up at pretty much every guy. I personally don't care for the fake, snooty atmosphere at SR and very rarely go there. I much prefer the pretty "girl next door" look and have found that just about everywhere I go outside the Bay Area and SJ specifically, there are far more regular, everyday all-around attractive girls who are just going about their daily business.

Since the original poster seems to mainly be asking about "hot" girls (blondes specifically) in the Bay Area, and not so much girls that are "marriage material", I tried to address his post from that angle. My whole point is that many girls in the Bay Area just think they're hot when they really aren't and their snobbiness is totally unjustified.

I find stuck-up hot girls pretty irritating and would never have considered dating one when I was single. I find stuck-up girls that aren't hot about 10x more irritating though, and the Bay Area has quite a few of these.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:19 AM

10,630 posts, read 21,028,287 times
The beach scene often involves sweaters. I don't think it's what you have in mind.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,472,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Santana Row is a tiny little world of its own in SJ. Unfortunately, the girls there are the types I was referring to who know they're hot and and turn their noses up at pretty much every guy. I personally don't care for the fake, snooty atmosphere at SR and very rarely go there. I much prefer the pretty "girl next door" look and have found that just about everywhere I go outside the Bay Area and SJ specifically, there are far more regular, everyday all-around attractive girls who are just going about their daily business.

Since the original poster seems to mainly be asking about "hot" girls (blondes specifically) in the Bay Area, and not so much girls that are "marriage material", I tried to address his post from that angle. My whole point is that many girls in the Bay Area just think they're hot when they really aren't and their snobbiness is totally unjustified.

I find stuck-up hot girls pretty irritating and would never have considered dating one when I was single. I find stuck-up girls that aren't hot about 10x more irritating though, and the Bay Area has quite a few of these.
Santana Row was just one example. Considering 7 million people live in the bay area and more than half are female it's hard to take your post serious as you'll find every type of woman here. You'll also find that most really hot girls have self esteem issues and may look that way but are very insecure in themselves. You are coming off as bitter. Southern California has 10 times the amount of stuck up women. They all think they are going to meet somebody famous to take care of them.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:52 AM

8,959 posts, read 14,224,388 times
Blondieland is in SoCal.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM

1,158 posts, read 2,923,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Once again, think of living in the Bay Area as living in more of a NYC atmosphere, not Miami.
Exactly. If the OP wants a Miami atmosphere, he should go to the Gaslamp Quarter in San Diego or Pier Avenue in Hermosa Beach. He's not going to find that in San Francisco.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 AM

1,343 posts, read 1,983,255 times
Quote:
I'm a few years out of college and currently live in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I decided a while ago that I wanted to move to an area that has more professional opportunities where I can make more $$$. I interviewed for a job last week in Emeryville and got the it. I'm stoked, but am still trying to get more information on the area.

Money isn't too much of an object as I would just be renting a 1 bedroom apt. I'm hoping to get a place under $1500/month. The big question is where should I live?

Since I'm moving out there solo, I would like to live in an area where there are a lot of cool, laid back blonde California girls. Here in Fort Lauderdale, there are certain neighborhoods where good looking people hang out (beach, downtown). Where would be the equivelant be in the Bay Area. I'm not interested in living around cosmopolitian, liberal elitist type of girls. Nor do I care to meet Asian girls (no offense to anyone, but I heard that is popular on the west coast ). Just looking for a neighborhood where there are down to earth, pretty girls that like to go to bars, football games, etc. How is Emeryville itself to live in? Any other recomendations?
I've heard the Castro district is good.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:27 AM

7,620 posts, read 23,128,568 times
Quote:
Just looking for a neighborhood where there are down to earth, pretty girls that like to go to bars, football games, etc. How is Emeryville itself to live in? Any other recomendations?
LOL

Sorry. Everyone would want to live there if there was such a place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland