Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 03:02 PM

675 posts, read 1,190,401 times

Advertisements

This is the craziest thread on this message board. It takes a while to become less shallow, it's a learned process. Looks aren't the end all be all. When I was younger, all I'd go after was super model quality women, I was so shallow. And though I was probably what you would call a 6 or 7, my confidence is through the roof. Why would anyone NOT have confidence, unless you are a real jerk (was gonna use another word), you have worth, you are a good person, you should have a ****load of confidence, because you have a lot to offer other people. Anyway, I'd go after super models, and I didn't care about the ratio of rejection to sucess, If I dated 1 out of 100, that was fine for me, as long as I was dating 9's or 10's. BUT, a ton of these women, were so full of themselves, and such jerks who had nothing else to offer but physical beauty, I found myself getting frustrated by the situation.

Then at age 25, I met the coolest women I had ever met to that point, and she was definitely not a 9 or 10. She was more like a 6 or 7. But man was she awesome, she was cool, she was funny, she was ultra smart, she was cute, and sexy (most of that was attitude and the way she acted), she was thoughtful and sweet, and man did that open my eyes. She was the total package. But most shallow guys might not even look her way. That's when I realized, what a ******* I had been most of my adult life, and changed my ways asap. Now, to me, a confident, smart, funny, thoughtful, caring woman is very sexy in my book. Those type of people are very hard to find.

And by the way, some very shallow women out there as well. When I moved back to NYC, I was overweight due to going through a divorce, I didn't want to talk to a woman for a year. Well I finally decided to get healthy, lost 65 pounds, and boy did some women's attitude's towards me change. I remember a woman smiling at me, giving me heavy eye contact, while walking with her boyfriend/husband. I had women approach me, because I was looking pretty good, and it was all because of looks, not because I'm a great guy (I am, lol).

Old 07-20-2015, 03:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post

A lot of you sound delusional. It's weird. There are lots of good looking and ugly people here, just like everywhere else that is populated by humans. And no one part of the Bay Area has a total monopoly on good looking people of a certain type.

I just walked through Oakland yesterday, took BART to SF, and was there for several hours. I saw many attractive people of various races/ages/sexes/sizes in both cities (more black people in Oakland of course, and more Asians in SF...but like I said, no total monopoly). And I saw many ugly and completely average people too. Which isn't exactly surprising, if you're not blind, don't have ridiculous unrealistic standards, and have lived around other people ever in your life (and are thus used to the concept that not everyone is a "10"). I guess this thread just proves that a lot of people only see what they want or expect to see (based on their emotions or misconceptions).

Here's a theory that might explain some people with this mindset though: in places with hotter climates, people tend to wear less clothing. That means their bodies are on display more often when compared to a place that's colder. So if you're used to living in a place that's say, constantly 70-90 degrees, you're used to seeing a bunch of people in short shorts, dresses, tank tops, without shirts on, etc. That draws your eye, and you go "Damn, that person is sexy!" But if you take that same person that caught your eye, and put them in jeans and a sweatshirt instead, suddenly you're less likely to notice them. So then you go to a place with a cooler climate, where people are more likely to bundle up, and you start claiming that there are way fewer good looking people around. It's not really true though, there's just less cleavage/ass/muscle catching your attention, because it's covered up.

Alternate theory: you aren't attracted to Asians or some other race or ethnicity that's in an area in disproportionately high numbers, and have decided that your personal opinion is fact.
Pretty much this post. I don't really get these threads, they're always so ridiculous (and entertaining) when they come up.

People are people...are people. Pretty much the same everywhere. Also think there are plenty of really attractive girls here, so don't really know what the OP is going on about. By the natural law of averages, there are always going to be more average looking people than "good" looking people. Just the way it is. It's the same pretty much everywhere. I don't notice a difference in this from my time living in NY or Boston, or other parts of the country.

And if you describe girls by a number, you're pretty much letting everyone that you're a douche. Not that this matters on the internet...because it's the internet (where you're free to do whatever you want in anonymity). But I suspect this "douchiness" spills out into real life, and isn't a good look for anyone.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:27 PM

282 posts, read 618,402 times
All the hot girls are priced out of the Bay area.
The few that aren't are living with their boyfriend to afford it, looking to date only guys with enough $ to afford it here or they are lesbians.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:35 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,464,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodegaHead View Post
The few that aren't are living with their boyfriend to afford it, looking to date only guys with enough $ to afford it here or they are lesbians.
Generally wealthy and expensive areas tend to have more attractive women. NY is full of young rich women living off their parents. A lot of them grow up in wealthy suburbs but leave for cities when they are older.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:45 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,238,078 times
Quote:
Nope, not true.

Quote:
That's some good acid you dropped. How many leprechauns did you have to question to come to that conclusion?

Old 07-20-2015, 10:47 PM

Doesn't matter, they're priced out of SF, LOL.
Actually a lot of the attractive girls that grow up in the Bay Area that I've met over the years all moved down to SoCal or somewhere else. If you want that NYC effect you're talking about its like that here but they all moved to LA,OC & Diego.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Nope, not true.

That's some good acid you dropped. How many leprechauns did you have to question to come to that conclusion?
3 Leprechauns & 1 fat chick that thought she was a 9

Old 07-21-2015, 12:15 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,464,327 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter, they're priced out of SF, LOL.
Actually a lot of the attractive girls that grow up in the Bay Area that I've met over the years all moved down to SoCal or somewhere else. If you want that NYC effect you're talking about its like that here but they all moved to LA,OC & Diego.

LA just attracts a lot of superficial materialistic people. The Bay Area does to but with LA the obnoxious materialism is so over the top and in your face.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:08 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
LA just attracts a lot of superficial materialistic people. The Bay Area does to but with LA the obnoxious materialism is so over the top and in your face.
Sorry we like to look good and wear nice clothes and drive nice cars? What's so bad about liking nice things? The Bay could learn a thing or two from LA in that category. There's a reason why this thread exists in the SF Subforum, and not the LA one.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:34 PM

209 posts, read 257,589 times
They are both so $$$ oriented!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland