Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 PM

165 posts, read 977,140 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about moving and working in Kentfield (and be close to S.F and my school) and i was wondering which surrounding areas have cheap apartments for rent? I don't know the area very well but i am looking for a "good" area where i would not be afraid to sleep at night! I visited San Rafael once and it did not seem like a good town (unless i went to the bad part). Anyone can help? I am looking for a 1bed apt for under $800-900, the cheaper the better. Also if there is another town nearby that has cheaper rents and is worth the commute let me know.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,526 times
San Rafael is a wonderful town! Aside from the canal I can't think of any area that would be undesirable. I'm not sure where in San Rafael you could find that cheap of rent other than canal. There are a lot of apartments off Lincoln Ave and in Terra Linda(North San Rafael) by the Northgate Mall. There are also some cheap looking apartments in downtown and in Santa Venetia off of N. San
Pedro. Novato has a lot of apartments which is one town over and actually bigger population wise than SR these days and normally a little bit cheaper. It is safe, though it is often looked down upon by residents of South Marin and it is definitely changing. Then there is Marin City if you don't mind putting up with a little bit of crime, though the further away from drake ave. you are,the safer. If you don't mind the commute than Sonoma County in particular Petaluma is your best bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland