Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 PM

334 posts, read 1,066,796 times

Advertisements

I think it is a good idea. They should move the whole club scene out of SF and into Oakland. Don't most people who visit SF clubs on the weekends come from the east bay anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times
O.m.g. !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batransplant View Post
i think it is a good idea. They should move the whole club scene out of sf and into oakland. Don't most people who visit sf clubs on the weekends come from the east bay anyway?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:39 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
O.m.g. !!!!
Agreed.

+1 for batransplant

Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,607,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Maybe extended BART hours arent too far behind.
I'd actually get more excited over extended BART hours than a later last call.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,379,593 times
Either one has no effect on me until July...then I might actually start caring.

Until then, it means more late-night calls for rides for the 20-year-old sucker!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:02 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
I'd actually get more excited over extended BART hours than a later last call.
Me too.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:08 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
Quote:
I think it is a good idea. They should move the whole club scene out of SF and into Oakland. Don't most people who visit SF clubs on the weekends come from the east bay anyway?
Yes, the number of club goers from SF, the Peninsula, North Bay, and South Bay are minuscule. So are the numbers of tourist club goers. In fact, so many of them are actually from the east bay that we should just get rid of all clubs in SF! Great idea! We know there are only about 10 SF residents who actually go to clubs, the rest of us just go to bed at 9 on the weekends so we can wake up early and do yoga before meditating with our animal spirit guides. Plus it's not as if the east bay ALREADY has plenty of night clubs of it's own, is it? Nah, impossible

/sarcasm

You seem to have a new ridiculous idea/unfounded observation every week (fine, to be fair, yes there are plenty of East Bay club patrons in SF. Why wouldn't there be? It's one metro area, SF is the main urban attraction, and the east bay is only several miles away. But there aren't so many east bay club goers to the point that it would make any sense to "move the whole club scene out of SF and into Oakland.")

But i agree, the 5 a.m thing is a good idea. They should make it state-wide. Might as well just make it 24 hours, as many bars open at 6 a.m.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 AM

334 posts, read 1,066,796 times
Thats what the Dunbarton and Richmond bridges are for if the other bay area people want to party in Oakland. Its just as easy for N, S, and West bay kids to get to Oakland clubs as the ones in SF. There are bridges connecting all those areas to the east bay, with probably a lot less traffic.

Then SF should keep all the Union Sq. shopping centers and downtown merchants open until between 10PM and midnight on the weekends, add more high quality street performers, like the opera singers, jazz musicians, artists etc, and keep the restaurants, cafes and lounges, open later like they do in Europe. This would be much better for the tourists, especially those with families or looking for that romantic getaway, local mommy and daddy date nights, and conventioneers who hang out in downtown SF on the weekends. Oakland would become the new "downtown hip and cool, younger/cutting edge/experimental/artsy" place to go party and SF's Union Sq. and SOMA would be geared more toward a somewhat older, uptown clientele, yuppies, families, and business conventioneers. And my ultimate dream would be to take the vacant clubs in San Francisco after they move to Oakland, and turn them into big furniture show rooms and interior design centers open to the trade AND public.

Eventually the kids from Marina and Mission areas would discover all the cool people party in Oakland and show up to the scene, but that probably would take a few years.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,579 times
Yes, we all know there are only 2 areas in SF. Union Square and South of Market. Yup.

Where is my ignore list???

Quote:
Thats what the Dunbarton and Richmond bridges are for if the other bay area people want to party in Oakland. Its just as easy for N, S, and West bay kids to get to Oakland clubs as the ones in SF. There are bridges connecting all those areas to the east bay, with probably a lot less traffic.

Then SF should keep all the Union Sq. shopping centers and downtown merchants open until between 10PM and midnight on the weekends, add more high quality street performers, like the opera singers, jazz musicians, artists etc, and keep the restaurants, cafes and lounges, open later like they do in Europe. This would be much better for the tourists, especially those with families or looking for that romantic getaway, local mommy and daddy date nights, and conventioneers who hang out in downtown SF on the weekends. Oakland would become the new "downtown hip and cool, younger/cutting edge/experimental/artsy" place to go party and SF's Union Sq. and SOMA would be geared more toward a somewhat older, uptown clientele, yuppies, families, and business conventioneers. And my ultimate dream would be to take the vacant clubs in San Francisco after they move to Oakland, and turn them into big furniture show rooms and interior design centers open to the trade AND public.

Eventually the kids from Marina and Mission areas would discover all the cool people party in Oakland and show up to the scene, but that probably would take a few years.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:38 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Don't most people who visit SF clubs on the weekends come from the east bay anyway?
No, there are many who come from San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties plus some coming in from Marin. Plus there are plenty of folks who live in the City proper at the clubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland