Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:12 PM

833 posts, read 1,199,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Not trying to take sides here but what you described is just a flexibility of the system. It doesn't really prove anything aside from the fact that their system is flexible enough where the citizen can wait 6-9 months for a cure or they can seek treatment elsewhere and pay out of their pocket. Many countries have that flexibility, including USA.

By the same token, many Americans seek medical treatment in other countries like Thailand, India, Mexico, etc, etc. Again, it doesn't really prove anything other than we are living in a global market.
Or you can renounce your citizenship and not pay a dime. Pick one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 06:16 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The Canadians that I have talked all travel to the US for health care if they can afford it. Especially for non immediate life threatening procedures where they have 6-9 month wait times.
That's actually a myth that's been debunked. A study in a peer reviewed journal was done and turns out that only .05% of Canadians come to the US electively for care. You're welcome to it read for yourself. I'll stay out of the rest of this "debate" however. When I lived in Europe, I liked the healthcare system. Not perfect by any means, but had no problems or long wait times for an MRI scan when I was there.

5 Myths About Canada

Here's another source as well....http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/21/3/19.full

Last edited by clongirl; 10-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-08-2014, 06:18 PM

4,504 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
Am I the only one shaking my head or is anyone else giving a round of applause? Unless she came down with some serious disease, or is unable to work at all - thank god she is having a hard time. Sounds like leach 101.
So typical of so called "compassionte conservatives".

Old 10-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
So typical of so called "compassionte conservatives".
Well that's funny... Considering I am not a conservative............

But continue to label people with a political affiliation based on a simple sentence.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:28 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
Ah so you're a liberal without an ounce of empathy that's easily confused for a conservative. It just gets worse and worse for you, doesn't it?

Quote:
I also have a feeling you choose to believe whatever is in your agenda at hand. You seem to never think outside the box what-so-ever. You probably believe Oakland is the safest city on the continent as well don't you? Your mayor is also great right? Whatever, I've held off on putting you on my ignore list because you cracked me up on a daily basis, but it is about that time.
Are you for real? Finish your degree and get back to me, kid. I've got a lot more education under my belt, and a whole lot more common sense. I'm one of the most vocal anti-Jean Quan people on this board and I repeatedly stress that there are SAFE parts of Oakland and to avoid the danger zones. You really need to grow up and think before you speak. You have a lot of really uninformed opinions and you're embarrassing yourself pretty badly here...

Old 10-08-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Ah so you're a liberal without an ounce of empathy that's easily confused for a conservative. It just gets worse and worse for you, doesn't it?

Are you for real? Finish your degree and get back to me, kid. I've got a lot more education under my belt, and a whole lot more common sense. I'm one of the most vocal anti-Jean Quan people on this board and I repeatedly stress that there are SAFE parts of Oakland and to avoid the danger zones. You really need to grow up and think before you speak. You have a lot of really uninformed opinions and you're embarrassing yourself pretty badly here...
So liberals are the only ones with empathy eh? I wonder why the south has such a loving nature, where as people will slam doors in your face here in the Bay.

Education does not equate to having an informed opinion. I've met people with masters who couldn't have a conversation with a 2 year old. The Jean Quan/Oakland thing was a total joke. I frequent Oakland quite a bit, and find it more interesting than S.F. so relax a bit.

Maybe I got a little hyped up as I tend to do sometimes, so for that I apologize. Other than that, I do not agree with you on Canada's medical care. My family and friends up there hate it with a passion. And nothing is ever truly free.

*shake hands lets move on

Old 10-09-2014, 01:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Or you can renounce your citizenship and not pay a dime. Pick one.

.... Resulting in the person getting treatment only if the he/she is on the verge of dying.

You "forgot" to mention that part.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
.... Resulting in the person getting treatment only if the he/she is on the verge of dying.

You "forgot" to mention that part.
Illegals are in your local emergency room right now with a cough. I hope you don't really what you posted.....

Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,277,565 times
Quote:
The Jean Quan/Oakland thing was a total joke. I frequent Oakland quite a bit, and find it more interesting than S.F. so relax a bit.

Maybe I got a little hyped up as I tend to do sometimes, so for that I apologize. Other than that, I do not agree with you on Canada's medical care. My family and friends up there hate it with a passion. And nothing is ever truly free.

*shake hands lets move on
Again, people can only take your words at face value, so perhaps you should be clearer or less sarcastic since I had no idea you were 'joking'. I like a good joke as much as the next guy, but your sense of humor was totally lost on me. In any event, I'll accept your apology and extend my own.

As for healthcare, you are entitled to your opinions, just as I'm entitled to mine. We aren't likely to agree, so we should probably move on and return to the original topic. The whole point of this thread, however, was to recommend advice for a person with bad credit, so let's get back on topic, OK?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:04 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Wonder if the OP is around at all? OP, you might want to try reposting your question, since this thread has turned into a discussion about international healthcare...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland