Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Doesn't monotonous weather get boring. Some of my most vivid memories are of summer thunderstorms, and winter blizzards. In the winter when it snows hard at night, it reflects the light pollution and gives the atmosphere a pinkish tint.

Distinct seasons gives life a certain rythym.

Oh sure, I bet your parents LOVED digging out their cars and shovelling the walk each time it snowed. And driving in snow is a pleasure really.

We do get thunderstorms. I remember seeing poles light up being struck by lightening. We get 5 or so storms a year like that. We also have sun and warm winter days and rainy stormy days as well. We have the most beautiful sunsets ever in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM

277 posts, read 379,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Doesn't monotonous weather get boring. Some of my most vivid memories are of summer thunderstorms, and winter blizzards. In the winter when it snows hard at night, it reflects the light pollution and gives the atmosphere a pinkish tint.

Distinct seasons gives life a certain rythym.
When you reach a certain age digging out of snow begins to suck. I also like non rainy summers. The Bay Area does get a pretty nice change in seasons. I was in walnut creek last week and it was in the low 40's all day. That is cold, I am told it gets like that every winter in the far east bay. Also the leaves change. I don't notice these things that much in So Cal. It also never gets that cold during the day here.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM

37 posts, read 71,448 times
I love it here, don't get me wrong, but this is the wrong time of year to ask this question >:~( (cranky face)

Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,517,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
When you reach a certain age digging out of snow begins to suck. I also like non rainy summers.
Well I will take rainy warm summers any day over the perpetual foggy, sunless and cold summers of SF. I would also love to dig snow instead of 80% cloudy/foggy days a year in SF.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 PM

51 posts, read 362,303 times
I love Daly City weather the best. I lived there for about 6 years and loved the gray/foggy skies.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:16 PM

1,882 posts, read 3,108,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamo andrea View Post
I love it here, don't get me wrong, but this is the wrong time of year to ask this question >:~( (cranky face)
???? I've been here since Jan. 1 and most of the days have been pleasant (though a few were chilly).

Having talked to many longtime residents, I'm quite confident andy's assertion of 80% cloudy days does not apply to the entire city. Sunset and Richmond districts? Eh, I dunno. But the parts east of Twin Peaks? No way.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit Knots View Post
I love Daly City weather the best. I lived there for about 6 years and loved the gray/foggy skies.
Are you being serious?

Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit Knots View Post
Daly city is the closest place to hell in my opinion. It was possibly the worst weather possible, the city is a run down ghetto, has no entertainment and poor public transit..

Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Well I will take rainy warm summers any day over the perpetual foggy, sunless and cold summers of SF. I would also love to dig snow instead of 80% cloudy/foggy days a year in SF.
Exaggerations and theres nothing stopping you from going back to one of those places with more extreme weather.

Last edited by jeffredo; 01-13-2011 at 02:45 PM..

Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
Exaggerations and theres nothing stopping you from going back to one of those places with more extreme weather.
I did not exaggerate at all. Learn more about SF before commenting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland