Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Finally a nice a warm sunny day in SF...This is the first one of 2010 and there will be another one tomorrow. Although 2 days of nice weather out of the 8 months this year seems like a cruel joke but still enjoying it as long as it lasts. The fog will be back with vengeance later in the week.

I just returned from Dallas and Houston! It felt just like that today in Redwood City! Tomorrow is supposed to hit 100 I love it! Feels like home The Indian Summers are here! Don't get me wrong I love the 75 degree weather but throw in a hot day here or there is fine by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:34 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I just returned from Dallas and Houston! It felt just like that today in Redwood City! Tomorrow is supposed to hit 100 I love it! Feels like home The Indian Summers are here! Don't get me wrong I love the 75 degree weather but throw in a hot day here or there is fine by me.
Good for you! I see Dallas had a good summer this year with 100+ temp almost everyday for a month!

Today was the first 80+ day in SF and it was even in mid 60s in Ocean Beach in the evening and sunny! That's a very rare day in SF when you can go to Ocean Beach without a jacket and actually see sun... I am just waiting for a 70+ night temp in SF but I doubt that will ever happen!

Old 08-24-2010, 12:41 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Good for you! I see Dallas had a good summer this year with 100+ temp almost everyday for a month!

Today was the first 80+ day in SF and it was even in mid 60s in Ocean Beach in the evening and sunny! That's a very rare day in SF when you can go to Ocean Beach without a jacket and actually see sun... I am just waiting for a 70+ night temp in SF but I doubt that will ever happen!
I hope it happens soon for you! We are such hot blooded Texans for sure!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 AM

3,472 posts, read 5,263,802 times
Quote:

I remember there being a lot more heat waves in SF in the 1990s, when there definitely were low temps in the low 70s and highs in the 90s scattered maybe 5 to 10 times throughout the year. I remember walking around the neighborhoods at night and everyone was dining out on the sidewalk cafes. Although I doubt Ocean Beach ever gets that. Lately, it seems those heatwaves are few and far between. Although I remember a couple of years ago it was brutally hot in July.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:47 PM

87 posts, read 392,140 times
The weather were i live is f*cked.
95 in the summer
and -20 in the winter.

i could use some steady weather like in friscoo.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:28 PM

224 posts, read 605,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ee View Post
The weather were i live is f*cked.
95 in the summer
and -20 in the winter.

i could use some steady weather like in friscoo.
move to sf

Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,319 times
A report in the International Healrd Tribune from about 15 years ago stated that Oakland, CA has the best weather in the world. Can't argue with that!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 PM

425 posts, read 958,720 times
After being hit with the North East blizzard following Christmas, and getting hit again tonight...this entire thread makes me want to move out to the Bay Area even more then I already did.

NYC is great, but between the winter weather and the growing city government stupidity, It's time to move out west...now to decide between exactly which side of the Golden Gate I will reside.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,520 times
Doesn't monotonous weather get boring. Some of my most vivid memories are of summer thunderstorms, and winter blizzards. In the winter when it snows hard at night, it reflects the light pollution and gives the atmosphere a pinkish tint.

Distinct seasons gives life a certain rythym.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Doesn't monotonous weather get boring. Some of my most vivid memories are of summer thunderstorms, and winter blizzards. In the winter when it snows hard at night, it reflects the light pollution and gives the atmosphere a pinkish tint.

Distinct seasons gives life a certain rythym.
We have seasons: grey and rainy and am fog and not rainy.

I think the weather here is great. You never need a super heavy coat. If you want snow, you can take a trip to Tahoe. Otherwise you can go outside and play for most of the year. That's really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland