Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 12:20 AM

415 posts, read 1,772,384 times

Advertisements

I've been to SF a number of times during the day as a tourist, to shop, dine at restaurants, etc.

What's the nightlife like? I'm usually so tired from the day's activities that I don't go out late at night. I've done a bit of research and while the male female ratio is 1:1, there must be a substantial gay male population, meaning that there are significantly more straight females than straight males. In theory, this should make things favorable for straight men in SF.

On the other hand, I've heard some of my friends claim that women in SF don't dress up, don't wear makeup, are not friendly, yada yada yada.

One of these two positions must be false.

Or, perhaps there is a large lesbian population as well, meaning that the single straight men and single straight women is essentially equal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:26 PM

328 posts, read 304,253 times
It's all false, SF's gay population is only 15%, then again this has been discussed 20 thousand times on here. People who party in SF are not necessarily from SF, there are 7+ Million people in the area who come from all the surrounding cities to have a good time. SF is not cut off from the rest of the bay area or world. So to generalize makes no sense and is stupid as hell.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:47 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,950,394 times
The gay guys are usually hanging out in the gay bars..it's pretty simple--you wanna meet hetero women, then don't hang out in gay bars.

Women are women..you cannot possibly think that hundreds of thousands of women are any different here. I think that if a man is having trouble meeting women, then it's probably "sour grapes" and will say stupid things in defense of his own shortcomings- like "Oh, the women aren't friendly...or the women are all lesbians and don't dress up". It's usually a problem with the complainer rather than the masses of single women that inhabit the San Francisco and the surrounding cities.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
The gay guys are usually hanging out in the gay bars..it's pretty simple--you wanna meet hetero women, then don't hang out in gay bars.

Women are women..you cannot possibly think that hundreds of thousands of women are any different here. I think that if a man is having trouble meeting women, then it's probably "sour grapes" and will say stupid things in defense of his own shortcomings- like "Oh, the women aren't friendly...or the women are all lesbians and don't dress up". It's usually a problem with the complainer rather than the masses of single women that inhabit the San Francisco and the surrounding cities.
Basically, and I've never had a problem meeting plenty of women in SF. Attractive women who....Dress up and wear make up!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:07 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,507,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
The OP never mentioned about difficulty meeting people. But it is true that women here in general dont dress-up or wear make-up compared to many places.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:11 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,147,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
The OP never mentioned about difficulty meeting people. But it is true that women here in general dont dress-up or wear make-up compared to many places.
If you want more of that go to SJ downtown for nightlife. I love women who dress sexy.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
If you want more of that go to SJ downtown for nightlife. I love women who dress sexy.
Well here in the city they don't have to dress up to impress. They are just better than everyone else because they rent an apartment in SF (with 5 roommates! LOL). Living in SF automatically grants you superiority.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM

3,981 posts, read 8,950,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland City View Post
Basically, and I've never had a problem meeting plenty of women in SF. Attractive women who....Dress up and wear make up!!!
Yeah, I never had any problems either...but then again, I never turned people off with a morose, negative, whiny personality like some people on this board.

I'm just about to celebrate 15 incredible years with the love of my life that I met in San Francisco...wearing makeup (me) and a realistic attitude and plenty of experience behind me to learn from in the dating dept.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 PM

I never have trouble meeting homeless people and assorted variety of arrogant, materialistic, holier-than-thou, selfish, narcissist snobs-

Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
I never have trouble meeting homeless people and assorted variety of arrogant, materialistic, holier-than-thou, selfish, narcissist snobs-
That's because you're one of those oh yeah and a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland