Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is good to live in?
Pittsburg 14 36.84%
Antioch 15 39.47%
Bay Point 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 PM

26 posts, read 192,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beullah View Post
Yes, there is a reason: Investors won't buy there because it's owner-occupied only. This means far fewer buyers for these properties than for properties that don't have limits on rental units. The benefit to you is that the occupants on Winding Lane will care for their properties because they own them. Renters are typically transient and don't care for rental properties the same way owners do.

You should go and look at them. I think that you'll find their quite nice. The area outside of that development; however, does have it's fair share of rentals, and it's not going to be as nice as the condo community.

I live in Concord near Limeridge. We've never locked our doors unless we go on vacation, and we've never had a problem with any crime here. The worst I've seen is someone on our street taking recyclables on garbage day.
I'll check properties there. It seems like a price I'm willing to spend on the condo. What is the most dominant race there?
Seriously, I've seen a lot of groups of latino teenagers around monument, detroit, ellis, meadow ln streets, who ride their bicycles and smoke weed on the streets, and I don't want to live close to these type (not RACE) of people. I'm planning to buy condo for at least 5-8 years, so, I want to be safe there.
As for those $200K+ houses, I can't afford right now, so, I'm not even looking at them.

To Oakland guy, why Richmond and Oakland have veeery high crime rates? Because of white people on welfare?
I'm not saying that ALL blacks are criminals, bad. Definately not.
But I would avoid meeting those gangsta type of blacks.
That's the main reason why I asked about race percentage in Antioch/Pittsburg.
As of Mexican, I know that they are very hard working people, usually on a low paying jobs. But these people are not who I worry about, their kids. Those teenagers gangsta-wanna be, who cut school, do drugs, jack cars, vandalize cars, break-in the properties, etc.

Yes, white/asian people can do that too, but muuuuuuuuuch less than blacks/mexican. This is statistic.

Anyway, I dont want to rise a discussion on racial issues, but just want to know racial percentage in areas I mentioned. Of course, I'll drive around these areas, talk to many different people, but since this is a forum, I'd like to hear some opinions here too.

NO OFFENSE ANYONE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 08:56 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,384,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaguy925 View Post
As of Mexican, I know that they are very hard working people, usually on a low paying jobs. But these people are not who I worry about, their kids. Those teenagers gangsta-wanna be, who cut school, do drugs, jack cars, vandalize cars, break-in the properties, etc.

Yes, white/asian people can do that too, but muuuuuuuuuch less than blacks/mexican. This is statistic.

Anyway, I dont want to rise a discussion on racial issues, but just want to know racial percentage in areas I mentioned. Of course, I'll drive around these areas, talk to many different people, but since this is a forum, I'd like to hear some opinions here too.

NO OFFENSE ANYONE
There's this site that has all the demographics of the cities you mentioned..I think its called www.city-data.com

United States - Population Finder - American FactFinder

Type in the Zip Codes of places you are interested in to see the demographics. The US census has it all!

I work in the Outer East Bay now (Danville, of all places) and frequently make trips to Concord frequently. I don't see what the big deal is. It just looks like a lower-middle class area populated with Mexican and Filipino immigrants. Maybe its because I'm Filipino I've never been hassled by any Mexican kids. I probably get into way more altercations with other Asian groups than I do with Mexicans when I was growing up in LA. Maybe its because I grew up in a mixed Latino/Asian neighborhood down in LA that they don't bother me...AT ALL! In fact, most of my best friends in Berkeley and in LA are Latino.

You have to keep an open mind. And as a statistic, Mexican and other Latin Americans are in jail are actually not overrepresented at all:

http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/cac...CC_806ABCC.pdf
Latinos make up 37% of the prison population..and around 35.2% of the general California population.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:10 PM

126 posts, read 161,526 times
Quote:
I'll check properties there. It seems like a price I'm willing to spend on the condo. What is the most dominant race there?
Seriously, I've seen a lot of groups of latino teenagers around monument, detroit, ellis, meadow ln streets, who ride their bicycles and smoke weed on the streets, and I don't want to live close to these type (not RACE) of people. I'm planning to buy condo for at least 5-8 years, so, I want to be safe there.
As for those $200K+ houses, I can't afford right now, so, I'm not even looking at them.

To Oakland guy, why Richmond and Oakland have veeery high crime rates? Because of white people on welfare?
I'm not saying that ALL blacks are criminals, bad. Definately not.
But I would avoid meeting those gangsta type of blacks.
That's the main reason why I asked about race percentage in Antioch/Pittsburg.

NO OFFENSE ANYONE
I think you're on the wrong forum. You belong on the Politics forum with the rest of the neo nazi's and stormfront members. You have no clue about sociology. It's a class thing not a racial thing if you understood this you would know there are plenty of ex prison inmate white supremacist criminals in east co co county that are lower income that commit the same crimes you only thin blacks and mexicans commit.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM

79 posts, read 343,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Oakland View Post
I think you're on the wrong forum. You belong on the Politics forum with the rest of the neo nazi's and stormfront members. You have no clue about sociology. It's a class thing not a racial thing if you understood this you would know there are plenty of ex prison inmate white supremacist criminals in east co co county that are lower income that commit the same crimes you only thin blacks and mexicans commit.
I can't remember the name of the author, but I think she's a Cal professor. She was promoting her book on how the War on Drugs has decimated the Black community. As a result of profiling minority communities and how minority males are disproportionately prosecuted and incarcerated, that minority communities are being destroyed. The police are focused on quantity of arrests vs. quality of arrests. They arrest and prosecute the small timers and don't go after the king pins because they get more federal funding for the volume of drug arrests and prosecutions. The author went on to talk about how a large % of minority males become felons at an early age (maybe for a pot arrest), and how that affects their futures (i.e., can't get a well-paying job as a felon).

Anyway, I was driving, so I couldn't take down the author's name. If I can locate the book, I'll share the info with you.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Oakland View Post
dude, I know which forum I need to use.
All I need to know is the safe place to live, or let's say, the safest from these 3 cities. That's the only concern I have. Far from drugs, violence, crime.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 PM

902 posts, read 2,788,161 times
Quote:
All I need to know is the safe place to live, or let's say, the safest from these 3 cities. That's the only concern I have. Far from drugs, violence, crime.
All 3 have there problems with crime, I believe there has already been 2-4 homicides this year in both Antioch and Pittsburg. There was a homicide last night in Pittsburg in which a man was gunned down returning home from work. None of these places are the worst crime-wise but not the safest either. I would say Bay Point is the safest of the 3.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
"Safe place" to live is automatically tied to race for you? Then UptownOakland was right.
You do not know which forum you need to use for this, here allow me:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 PM

79 posts, read 343,315 times
Quote:
You can look various stats, including crime stats, for any city at

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

You can view climate, about a community's residents, such as income, home prices, crime and a myriad of other stats.

You'll be surprised at crime rates in communities you'd think were 'safe.' Look up Alamo, CA. You'd assume that it has extremely low crime rates, but you should never assume anything.

I lived for several years in Antioch, in a small, diverse neighborhood behind Pinky's Carwash on E. 18th. That was absolutely my favorite home and neighborhood in which I've ever lived. Go figure.

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:14 AM..

Old 02-24-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
"Safe place" to live is automatically tied to race for you? Then UptownOakland was right.
You do not know which forum you need to use for this, here allow me:

Stormfront - White Nationalist Community
yes, it is for me. less black/mexicans are better.
more white/asian/indians are better.

blacks = poverty=crime
mexican=poverty=crime

whites=less crime=good jobs
asians=less crime=good jobs
indians=less crime=good jobs

so, i'm looking at places where little blacks, mexicans

Old 02-24-2010, 06:48 PM

902 posts, read 2,788,161 times
With that in mind than why in the hell would you even consider either of these 2 cities? In 2006 is estimated that Antioch was 16% black and 30% hispanic, Pittsburg 16.5% black and 40% hispanic, and Bay Point 7.5% black and 47% hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland