Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is good to live in?
Pittsburg 14 36.84%
Antioch 15 39.47%
Bay Point 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:29 PM

39 posts, read 109,135 times

Advertisements

maybe he just wants to live with people of his own color. In San Francisco it is acceptable? Chinatown, JapanTown, Northbeach (Italian), Cow Hollow used to be mostly irish up until the early 80s, Mission was pretty much Mexican and other hispanics.

None of the cities you mentioned are mostly white. Maybe Brentwood but that is changing. Antioch has a higher caucasian population but many asians and hispanics and some blacks are buying in. It has a lot of Section 8 right now but when the real estate picks up there will obviously be an interest to raise rent prices which will force out low income. And not all low income are black, Many are hispanic and white as well.

South Antioch has some decent elementary and middle schools. One of them ranks in the top ten or fifty out of the entire state. People think Antioch is either Ghetto or Rednecks. Maybe that was true 20 years ago but not anymore. There was a high murder rate for a few years but it has dropped nearly in half last year and seems to have mellowed out a bit. But even "safe cities" like Alameda had 2 killings of young teenagers just minding their own business. One white and one asian girl. It's really sad but it's happening everywhere now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 PM

26 posts, read 192,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtide2012 View Post
maybe he just wants to live with people of his own color. In San Francisco it is acceptable? Chinatown, JapanTown, Northbeach (Italian), Cow Hollow used to be mostly irish up until the early 80s, Mission was pretty much Mexican and other hispanics.

None of the cities you mentioned are mostly white. Maybe Brentwood but that is changing. Antioch has a higher caucasian population but many asians and hispanics and some blacks are buying in. It has a lot of Section 8 right now but when the real estate picks up there will obviously be an interest to raise rent prices which will force out low income. And not all low income are black, Many are hispanic and white as well.

South Antioch has some decent elementary and middle schools. One of them ranks in the top ten or fifty out of the entire state. People think Antioch is either Ghetto or Rednecks. Maybe that was true 20 years ago but not anymore. There was a high murder rate for a few years but it has dropped nearly in half last year and seems to have mellowed out a bit. But even "safe cities" like Alameda had 2 killings of young teenagers just minding their own business. One white and one asian girl. It's really sad but it's happening everywhere now.
actually, not really, i'm 100% asian, and i want to live next to white, asian, indian, maybe some mid eastern people, a few blacks/hispanics are fine, but not as a majority. like in my community, about 85% white, 5% asians, 5% indian, and 5% rest (hispanic/blacks).

Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 AM

126 posts, read 161,526 times
Typical white washed Asian, I bet you'd cut off your legs to be born white.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Oakland View Post
Typical white washed Asian, I bet you'd cut off your legs to be born white.
oh hell no, i like to be Asian, not White nor Black.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:02 PM

i just feel safe next to whites than next to mexican or blacks

Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 AM

ok bought a townhouse for $120,000 cash
2 bd, 1/1 baths, 1,100 sq ft, with front and back patio and detached garage.
Mostly white neightborhood, with a little black and mexicans, a few asian families.
on Clayton Rd., in Concord.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:44 PM

4 posts, read 10,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
I find your post to be a little offensive. But if I have to suggest an area to you I'd go with an area you haven't listed which is Brentwood. Pittsburgh is really trying to change its image and the newer developments are nice and is closer to the Oakland & SF. I'm not a big fan of Antioch to me it is turning into one big ghetto.
You suggested Brentwood... my family and I will be relocating to the Contra Costa County shortly. We are looking to buy a house in Brentwood. Can anyone help me with the following questions?
1. What's the approximate commute time to Antioch? And to Pleasant Hills? At 7am and 5pm
2. What is the air quality like? Let me explain, I'll be moving from the central San Joaquin Valley. There are days when the air smells like poop... literally. There are many fields close by and they use "organic" fertilizers... the air is stagnant and the quality horrible. Any problems like that in Brentwood? Windy? Dusty?
3. I know summer is hot, but do you often go past 100F. Where I'm at right now, we have about a month above 100F and about 2 weeks at around 105F-112F.
4. And for all you gardeners out there, how do your plants do in the weather?
5. Any areas to avoid in Brentwood?

Thank you!!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,551 times
"I lived in the Concord, CA for about 9 years and liked it very much. It is about 1/2 mile from the border of Walnut Creek. Location is very nice, mostly white people, very little crime."

Why do Asians feel more comfortable around Whites? I noticed that a lot of Asians break thier necks to be around Whites,but Whites dont break thier necks to be around Asians in fact they are getting fed up with Asians taking thier Jobs away from them.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:53 PM

9 posts, read 20,692 times
Quote:
white people more likely to have a job, and not sitting on walfare whole their lifes.

thats why i prefer and want to live near white/asian people rather than black/latino [LEFT]
Not really, too many ignorant white people but hey how you think and treat other people will come back around to your kids. Like it or not you will have to deal with it.

[/LEFT]

Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 PM

13 posts, read 28,675 times
Default Re: Pittsburg vs Antioch vs Bay Point - which city is better? Reply to Thread

Uptown Oakland, don't worry about all that silly stuff. What comes around in this whole world comes back! Don't let satan steal your joy! Ok? Believe it or not, someone can run and make excuses and hide all they want, but it's coming!

Why do racists always start with "I'm not racist or I'm not being racist" then say something racist right after their ridiculous intro. FYI more whites are on welfare than all other groups combined, especially whites in those area's your questioning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland