Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:43 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,719,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
"H?" Really? H? Man, you've hit a new low with your wannabe pretentious made-up abreviations.

Yana - Please pay no mind to anything this poster has to say. He/she/it has been a nuisance on this forum who posts the same crap repeatedly, that is only consistent in being wrong about 70% of the time. He's nothing more than an aspiring pseudo-elitist whose mantra is that the only sections of the Earth that matter at all are Palo Alto, Silicon Valley, Greenwich and bits and pieces of Manhattan, SF's Pacific Heights, and parts of West LA. It gets extremely old, and his info is very rarely helpful in any way. So please be advised to disregard his nonsense.

As for the reality, Hillsborough is an extremely wealthy community that shares its lone zip code with Burlingame. I'm not aware of any rentals there at all (maybe right along the border with Burlingame), but its residents primarily utilize Burlingame for walking/shopping, and to a lesser degree San Mateo (depending on which end of Hillsborough they live on). There are no "slums" that Hillsborough shares anything with, as the ignoramus above referred to.
I'm waiting for "hsw" to explain to me why Warren Buffett, the 2nd richest man in America, lives in Omaha of all places. Maybe it's the decent "grub" . I just gave you a rep point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I'm waiting for "hsw" to explain to me why Warren Buffett, the 2nd richest man in America, lives in Omaha of all places. Maybe it's the decent "grub" . I just gave you a rep point!
He was born there.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
He was born there.
I know that. He also has a place in Florida he uses during the winter. But he's rich enough to live anywhere he wants to. He could even live next to "hsw" in Palo Alto, Woodside, Portola Valley, West LA or in the Hamptons. Oh wait, I forgot, "hsw" really lives in fantasyland.

Last edited by humboldtrat; 02-23-2010 at 02:03 PM..

Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 PM

28 posts, read 125,602 times
Well, what kind of wealthy neighborhood is Hillsborough then if Warren Buffet does not live there and can't be my neighbor!? I am not moving there then..

Old 02-23-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yana60 View Post
Well, what kind of wealthy neighborhood is Hillsborough then if Warren Buffet does not live there and can't be my neighbor!? I am not moving there then..
To get back to your question, just about anywhere between Burlingame to about San Carlos or Redwood City would be good places to live. The weather is a bit warmer with less fog the further south you go on the peninsula. Hillsborough is a town full of big homes and mansions and not much else. There is no downtown or business area. There are no apartment buildings because the town doesn't want renters (although some people do rent out their homes). As for "walkable", most of the town doesn't have sidewalks. Think: Beverly Hills.

If you want Warren Buffett as a neighbor, you'll have to move to Omaha . On second thought, that might not be worth it. Good luck.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:44 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,767,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
Hillsborough is a town full of big homes and mansions and not much else. There is no downtown or business area. There are no apartment buildings because the town doesn't want renters (although some people do rent out their homes). As for "walkable", most of the town doesn't have sidewalks. Think: Beverly Hills.
Except the actual Beverly Hills does have a downtown, apartment buildings, and sidewalks.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times
lol hsw "suspects" that San Francisco is a commie slum suburb of the Silicon Valley!!! LMAO...

He "suspects" that the wealthy everywhere owns a 2nd home in LA's westside to partake in "hedonistic pleasures", lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland