U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2010, 06:24 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,031,390 times

Advertisements

ive been hearing people swearing by Ike's Place

Ike's Place: West Coast Sandwiches

Ike's Place - Castro - San Francisco, CA

drove by it the other day and there was a huge line of ppl waiting to order their sandwiches.. it was featured in an episode of man vs food also.
so next time im in the city again ima def try it out

do any of you have a place you can cosign in SF?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,264,668 times
Personally, not a big sandwich person but split one with my daughter (they are HUGE) at Ikes's Place in Castro and it was delicious.

Also, in the Castro, Tangerine Restaurant has amazing brunch and dinner.

Squat and Gobble in S.F. is awesome for breakfast and pretty good for lunch/dinner.

Herbivore has amazing vegan food (the one on Divisadero) as well as yummy and rich tasting desserts.

Rue Lepic in Nob Hill has amazing French food, their 5 course price fix menu was too much food for me but my hubby loved it. I was satisfied with 2 courses, and this is a nice intimate fine dining experience.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:31 AM

858 posts, read 2,077,652 times
We just ate at this place tonight called Thai House Express in Western Addition. Wow, oh wow, that is hands down the best Thai food I have ever eaten. Dinner for two was only $23 and we were full and very happy. It's as authentic as it can get.

I used to go to Hollywood (Little Thailand) to eat Thai food, but this place is in SF tastes better than any Thai food I have ever eaten.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:15 AM

323 posts, read 648,205 times
We had a surprisingly delicious food experience at Scoma on Fishermans Wharf. I had heard that they had great food and because the area is known for tourists I was skeptical.
The fish was well prepared, fresh with good size portions. Side dishes were not an afterthought and because it was my wifes birthday a slice of Chocolate torte was complimentary.
Service was excellent. I recommend this place for a special occasion even if you are a local.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:28 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,202,413 times
Scomas is touristy but really solid, fairly pricey. Nothing fancy, but super fresh and fun. I also recommend that! Followed by a walk up to Hyde St to the Buena Vista for Irish Coffee! Never heard of Ike's, must try soon! Not a fan of Tangerine, although our friends love it. All their food tastes very sweet and isn't that interesting to me, but I seem to be in the minority with that opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland