Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,521 times

Advertisements

Sorry...lol...have tears in my eyes.

Seriously...this is too much. Lions and bears in tahoe? Don't forget the vermicious knids and wangdoodles...lol. Aren't there crocodiles in the sewers of New York? lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 03:55 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I can't believe that you continue to post! What is your problem? We all know that you do not live in San Francisco & very likely haven't even been to California. What is your motive? Do you want to be laughed at as an impostor or do you have something more important to do with your life?
I wouldn't worry much about this individual.

I find it quite intriguing that this person started posting at the same time another "personality" was all but driven out of the SF forum.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:23 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post

I find it quite intriguing that this person started posting at the same time another "personality" was all but driven out of the SF forum.
How can posters have multiple persona's? Is that even possible on C-D?

Old 04-20-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
How can posters have multiple persona's? Is that even possible on C-D?
It's possible anywhere on the internet. Most forum administrators and moderators are busy taking care of more pressing issues then filtering out who may have more than one membership and some take advantage of this fact. I used to run my own forum a couple of years ago and know that this is more common than most are aware of. Oh well comes with the territory I guess.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:38 PM

157 posts, read 332,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumblonde1 View Post
Huh? Babe, you live in the middle of theme park surrounded by hicksville. You are hardly the ambassador of fabulousness. Leave that to me.

Um...Orlando is much more than just a theme park. Since plenty of the "trendy" "chic" types moved down there from NYC. Plenty of upscales restaurants for the likes of these hicks that live there Tiger Woods, Tyra Banks, Grant Hill, Shaq, Wayne "Does Wayne Brady have to choke a ******" Brady, and of course, the two biggest boy bands back in the late 90s NSync, Backstreet Boys. Guess Orlando is loaded with hicks huh?

Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post

who lol

Old 04-20-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
who lol
Well, I'll say this much; unlike other guesses concerning "double personalities" where you are usually a culprit, I don't think it's you LOL

Old 04-21-2010, 12:00 AM

That made little sense LOL

In other words, I'm not accusing you

Old 04-21-2010, 02:20 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Huh? Babe, you live in the middle of theme park surrounded by hicksville. You are hardly the ambassador of fabulousness. Leave that to me.
Lol. I won't even entertain that ignorance. But answer me this, if your life is so "fabulous" and you have so much money, why are you on a City-Data forum talking to us? If you had so much money to party at "fabulous" clubs in NYC, then you have enough to go party in LA and Beverly Hills. I don't get what your complaining about. You have enough money to take several weekend trips there so why are tripping on San Francisco? Just deal with it until you go back to NYC.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:03 PM

9 posts, read 20,689 times
Quote:
I'm a 29 year old female, grew up in Santa Barbara and moved to New York City (Manhattan) in 2005, husband got transferred to San Jose last year and are here temporarily until 2011 then back to NYC. I enjoyed Santa Barbara but my life in Manhattan was perfect, think Sex and the City.

I've lived in SF and Marin and here are my observations.

- The women here are strange and unattractive. Yes, I love fashion and looking beautiful. In Manhattan, I could walk through Central Park pushing my son in his stroller with 6 inch heels, look fabulous and be complimented.
I've tried to do something similar here in San Francisco "dressed up" with my son to go to the movies and I got the nastiest looks i've ever encountered in my life by butch so called 'women' in their flannel and combat boots. Why don't people care about appearance here?

I have even been called a "breeder", bimbo, ditz..you name it. How rude.

- Social life is terrible. I miss the amazing social and nightlife in NYC. I'm 29, almost old and I've been wasting my time here doing absolutely nothing. I miss being in the middle of the action and glamor. People here aren't fabulous. It is not as outgoing and no scenes as New York. Nobody does anything..people seem so reclusive. In NYC, my social calendar was full and I was doing fabulous thing all the time. The glamor element here is non existent. At least in Santa Barbara, I could hang out with like minded people and stay home all day or relax in the WARM water, but I can't find any like minded person or do any of that in this stupid place. I literally hold back tears when I find out what my old friends in NY are up to.

- People here not as interesting. I miss those glamorous fab international set I used to meet and lunch with in New York when he used to work with them. Even lots of them living in our building who I would meet in the common areas of our condo building. Here, everyone is an aging hippie and Asia seems to be as international as they get around here. This place seems to provincial. And the my gay male friends here are not as fun and chic as the ones in New York. The few I've met seem like they're trying too hard to be the next Harvey Milk (just like the women here who take themselves too seriously). Ugh, I'm looking for the fun gay males, like the ones back in NYC who only care about fashion, money and c***. Isn't this supposed to be gay capital?

- I hate the weather. The weather in Santa Barbara was perfect, I would even rather be in 85 degree humidity in New York City than spend another "summer" here.

- Too judgmental. In New York I could consume and spend as I wish and nobody would bat an eye. Here, I feel like I'm in communist North Korea. I even had a driver in NYC and I'm still teased to this day about it.

- Men here are too unattractive/nerdy. Not cute at all. I miss the sexy cocky hedge fun bankers in NYC (not that im looking), or the pretty boy sufers (just to look at) in SoCal. Don't enjoy the reclusive scruffy gross IT guys or dirty hippies.

- It's just boring. The outdoors are boring. I'm not an outdoor gal at all. It's always "Go to Tahoe!", i'm like what do people do in Tahoe? Run with lions and bears? I would rather drink toilet water.

- The hills are annoying and I can't walk up hills in heels.

- Nasty homeless people everywhere in the city. Even in the good parts. This would never be allowed in NYC.

- Southern California is much more fun than Northern California. I always remember friends telling me how boring Northern California is. I agree.

- Ive noticed that many Northern Californians have such animosity towards the southern part of the state, but Northern California never crosses the minds of us Southern Californians.

- I think Northern Californians are jealous of Southern Californians because Southern California is where everything in California happens.

- People just seem so much more "normal" in Southern California. Everyone tries so hard to be some sort of faux-hippie and it's getting a bit tiresome.

This place is so creppy.
Don't let your stupidity, ingorance and fear get in the way. It also helps to get that white sheet off your head!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland