Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
You say TX is conservative and doing well economically and those are right statements, but you fail to mention that TX is a very pro-immigration state. Every major city in TX like Dallas, Houston and Austin are in fact sanctuary cities and is as tolerant of illegal immigrants as San Francisco! TX governor Perry also thinks that AZ law is misguided and has no intention of doing anything similar in TX.

So TX is pretty much in the same page with CA when it comes to immigration. Besides why do people in Hickville, Arkansas get so worked up about immigration?? As far as I can tell the immigrants are not gonna go there even if Hickville lays out a red carpet for them! If the folks in these tiny fly-over states are so worried about immigration they should simply stay out of more progressive places like CA.
You obviously know very little about what you are saying or you wouldn't be spouting off about things that are not the case. We have lived in Dallas for many years and still have friends and family there. No, the state is nothing like Ca when it comes to immigration. On another post you mentioned how much time you have spent in NWA, if you have you would know we also have a problem with illegals. Obviously you have never been here or have only passed through.

I may not agree with some on their views, but I can appreciate them, when someone like you comes on here with information that is down right untrue it is hard to even respect your views. You are 100% wrong.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,518,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
if you have you would know we also have a problem with illegals. Obviously you have never been here or have only passed through.
Nita
And what is exactly the 'problem'?? It seems the problem is yours and the problem is you see every brown person as illegal. Fayetteville is <5% latino (Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed). Even if10% of them are illegal migrants that means <0.5% of the population. So what is the problem? I am sure the Klansmen that populate the Ozark thinks anyone who is non-white is on the planet illegally. Your area has far greater problem with angry violent rednecks!

Last edited by Yac; 08-20-2010 at 04:52 AM..

Old 05-10-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
absolutely not true, I am talking about Bentonville, Bella Vista, Fayetteville, Rogers, etc. You really could not possibley have visited these areas. They are so far from backwards it is a joke. Most people in the area are from Texas, California and a few other states or work for major corporations headquartered there. Now tell me where you actually visited, spent your tourist $$ and what was "Deiverance" about the area?

Nita
Yes I am talking about my experience is Fayetteville and those experiences are so extreme that is is hard to believe that it actually happened. I had bunch of beer drinking loud thugs banging on my hotel room door shouting 'f**king ni*g*r' in the middle of night. I am not a black person and I guess they were not targeting me. But even in this day and age the standard of partying in Arkansas seems to be getting drunk on cheap beer and shouting obscenities at black people. And how about bunch of pickup riding beer drinking thugs shooting their guns illegally at a state park which specifically prohibits guns! Illegal poaching in public lands is I guess another definition of fun over there... Yes you got the Walmart headquarter over there and some nice houses but the Ozarks is one of the most socially backward area in the US and that is a FACT!

Have you ever driven through Arkansas and see the segregation that exists in the small towns? One will be 100% black and the next will be 100% white and yes they look as backward as in the movie "Mississippi Burning".

You must be completely clueless if you don't notice the social backwardness and ignorance that is so prevalent in many parts of Arkansas and particularly in the Ozarks.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,530,002 times
Quote:
Yes I am talking about my experience is Fayetteville and those experiences are so extreme that is is hard to believe that it actually happened. I had bunch of beer drinking loud thugs banging on my hotel room door shouting 'f**king ni*g*r' in the middle of night. I am not a black person and I guess they were not targeting me. But even in this day and age the standard of partying in Arkansas seems to be getting drunk on cheap beer and shouting obscenities at black people. And how about bunch of pickup riding beer drinking thugs shooting their guns illegally at a state park which specifically prohibits guns! Illegal poaching in public lands is I guess another definition of fun over there... Yes you got the Walmart headquarter over there and some nice houses but the Ozarks is one of the most socially backward area in the US and that is a FACT!

Have you ever driven through Arkansas and see the segregation that exists in the small towns? One will be 100% black and the next will be 100% white and yes they look as backward as in the movie "Mississippi Burning".

You must be completely clueless if you don't notice the social backwardness and ignorance that is so prevalent in many parts of Arkansas and particularly in the Ozarks.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
YWe have lived in Dallas for many years and still have friends and family there. No, the state is nothing like Ca when it comes to immigration.
Well your family members in TX seems as clueless about the reality in TX as you are. Why don't you just google sanctuary cities and see what TX cities are like that. Dallas, Houston, Austin are sanctuary cities i.e. local police does do not check/report the immigration status of anyone.

Did you actually live in Dallas or in one of those Dallas suburbs out in the boonies that does not really count?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:

I shall add a couple of things and then I am out of here cause people with narrow minds are impossible to reason with:

When you have lived (as an adult) in 6 states, lived in some of the most diverse cities in the country, traveled to Europe, Asia and throughout the United States as well as Canada, Mexico and the CAaribbean and have really experienced life then you might be able to discuss things on an adult level. Til then I think I will consintrate on debating with those who can understand what it really happening.

Nita

Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I shall add a couple of things and then I am out of here cause people with narrow minds are impossible to reason with
And the 'narrow mind' is you complaining about hispanics in Arkansas

Old 05-11-2010, 03:47 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
You say TX is conservative and doing well economically and those are right statements, but you fail to mention that TX is a very pro-immigration state. Every major city in TX like Dallas, Houston and Austin are in fact sanctuary cities and is as tolerant of illegal immigrants as San Francisco! TX governor Perry also thinks that AZ law is misguided and has no intention of doing anything similar in TX.

So TX is pretty much in the same page with CA when it comes to immigration. Besides why do people in Hickville, Arkansas get so worked up about immigration?? As far as I can tell the immigrants are not gonna go there even if Hickville lays out a red carpet for them! If the folks in these tiny fly-over states are so worried about immigration they should simply stay out of more progressive places like CA.
I'm not sure it is accurate to say Texas is pro-immigration. I think most Texans believe illegal immigration is a problem and not enough is being done to prevent it. Texas provides far fewer benefits to illegals than California and that is unlikely to change.

However most Texans are amazing non-hostile about illegal immigrants. I know California has many Mexicans - but for some reason in Texas it seems the general population is comfortable with the immigrant population overall. I can't really speak for Dallas and Houston, but Austin PD does not openly pursue illegal immigrants. An illegal arrested for a crime will however be turned over to ICE.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,363 times
Quote:
I shall add a couple of things and then I am out of here cause people with narrow minds are impossible to reason with:

When you have lived (as an adult) in 6 states, lived in some of the most diverse cities in the country, traveled to Europe, Asia and throughout the United States as well as Canada, Mexico and the CAaribbean and have really experienced life then you might be able to discuss things on an adult level. Til then I think I will consintrate on debating with those who can understand what it really happening.

Nita

Wow. I am impressed. Can I have your autograph?

PS. Why does France deport illegal aliens?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thek1sh View Post
Wow. I am impressed. Can I have your autograph?

PS. Why does France deport illegal aliens?
no one would want my autograph and I haven't been to France. I have been to a lot of other places in Europe but not France. But if they deport illegals, good for them...I am all for that!!

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland