Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 AM

99 posts, read 386,643 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Not sure how to frame this without sounding a bit crazy but here goes....

I need to attend a weeding just outside of Indianapolis on June 12th and as I HATE flying in any form, I am thinking of renting a car and just driving 2,000 ish miles on I-80, hoping to do it in 3 days.

The cost of car rental one way is going to be around $900 + fuel (don't want to clock up that many *challenging* miles on my own car) for one-way rental. I have one other person already committed to sharing the cost / driving and hoping for one or two more.

If we came back, maybe via the I-70 the cost would only be $300 for the car + fuel, but we would defiantly need another person to share the driving before we even consider that.

No crazy people need apply, looking for someone balanced, who likes driving, appreciates scenery & who might enjoy the experience of crisscrossing a large part of the country over 4-6 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland