U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM

2,352 posts, read 4,102,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
The difference is murder is an act where somebody is forcing violence upon another person. The victim has 0 say in the matter.

Drug usage however only effects the individual that is using. And yes I expect you to use the what about them using and driving argument. Nobody on here is advocating that people should be allowed to use and operate a vehicle at the same time.
Yes, but I may be forced to smell your Marijuana smoke, or someone else in your near vicinity. You are forcing your drug use on innocent people, and they have zero say in the manner (well they could throw a brick into your apartment).

Either way, your platform is basically "I want to use recreational drugs", and that platform isn't going to repeal any laws in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:09 PM

2,147 posts, read 3,681,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Sorry i forgot what this thread was about, i was hitting my arm-sized joint. What's the question again?

Don't worry about it so much, is my advice. The evil pot smokers are not going to infect you with their devil weed, and believe it or not but most people who smoke weed are perfectly normal and you wouldn't even know they smoked unless they told you. Now all day-every day smokers, or should i say stoners (of which there are much less than other types of smokers), tend to be a completely different story...but that's to be expected isn't it? Immediately jumping to negative judgements when someone says they smoke weed however, is a bad idea if you ask me, and will only make your life harder. Especially in California...
This is a ridiculous reply! Jesus, people-the guy is asking honestly...he is not saying he is 'afraid of it'...he is simply interested in a different kind of lifestyle. He's not 'worried' that it will infect him. This reply and several others on this thread-though there's no freakin' way i am reading all of them, judging from the few i've seen-really illustrate a lack of coherent and logical thinking. It's passive agressive with a lack of critical thinking skills, at it's best.

WTH???? I don't even get this reply or so many others on this thread. If you smoke, why are you replying to the OP? You obviously are not his target audience, so why bother concerning yourself?

Oh and my main issue with legalizing in CA before it's legal nationwide, is that we will have even more folks coming here 'just to smoke b/c it's so cool that it's legal'. So, yea, do you think CA will became a magnet for unproductive slackers? Even more than it already is? Um, yea. I do.

I actually prefer it legalized, but nationwide.

And, see if you can understand what I'm saying: No, not *all* smokers are slackers, BUT, inevitably, the 'cool' factor of it being legal only in one state or two, will draw folks in different lifestages who simply want to participate in a party lifestyle. Is Amsterdam still cool? Or kind of a parody of itself?
Smoke a big one and ponder it, dude.

Last edited by lrmsd; 06-03-2010 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-03-2010, 08:27 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,548,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmsd View Post
This is a ridiculous reply! Jesus, people-the guy is asking honestly...he is not saying he is 'afraid of it'...he is simply interested in a different kind of lifestyle. He's not 'worried' that it will infect him. This reply and several others on this thread-though there's no freakin' way i am reading all of them, judging from the few i've seen-really illustrate a lack of coherent and logical thinking. It's passive agressive with a lack of critical thinking skills, at it's best.

WTH???? I don't even get this reply or so many others on this thread. If you smoke, why are you replying to the OP? You obviously are not his target audience, so why bother concerning yourself?

Oh and my main issue with legalizing in CA before it's legal nationwide, is that we will have even more folks coming here 'just to smoke b/c it's so cool that it's legal'. So, yea, do you think CA will became a magnet for unproductive slackers? Even more than it already is? Um, yea. I do.

I actually prefer it legalized, but nationwide.
It will take the U.S. another life time to legalize marijuana. Just consider all the screwed up conservative states [mainly in the Midwest and South] who still believe the world is 6000 yrs old yet smoke tobacco\ drink beer all day and eat greasy fried foods. Those people are in a time warp. What makes California great is that people, in general, think things through without letting old-fashioned ignorance guide our decisions!

And if lots of people visit California just to smoke marijuana that will be great since we can benefit from the tax money. Remember people from all over the world flock to the Napa Valley and other wine-growing regions of California just to sample wines and get drunk.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:55 PM

146 posts, read 173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Yes, but I may be forced to smell your Marijuana smoke, or someone else in your near vicinity. You are forcing your drug use on innocent people, and they have zero say in the manner (well they could throw a brick into your apartment).

Either way, your platform is basically "I want to use recreational drugs", and that platform isn't going to repeal any laws in real life.
Really!? You rationalize millions of tax dollars wasted on unjust incarceration of hundreds of thousands of citizens who are your equal in civil rights, because of how cannabis smells when burned?

Either way in the 1930s the people said we want to use Alcohol on a recreational basis, and the laws were repealed.

All anyone has to do is just vote for it this November, or the next time it is on the ballot.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 PM

Yes, and guess what, this state is actually a conservative state with the notable exceptions of the SF Bay Area and Los Angeles.

I will bet $5,000 cash that any legalization of Marijuana law will not pass because the platform is extremely weak. It's basically a bunch of lazy potheads who want to legalize it.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Yes, and guess what, this state is actually a conservative state with the notable exceptions of the SF Bay Area and Los Angeles.

I will bet $5,000 cash that any legalization of Marijuana law will not pass because the platform is extremely weak. It's basically a bunch of lazy potheads who want to legalize it.
To be frank, I think you need to get out of Orange county every once in a while if you think California is conservative [maybe wishful thinking on your part]. Have you ever taken a look at how the counties vote? With the exception of your county all coastal counties in California vote Democratic. In-fact, Orange county is the only urban county in California that is still basically Republican. Even Fresno and Chico are more progressive than Orange county. You seem to project your beliefs rather than take a long look that you are the one, in-fact that is out of sync with California. And on the marijuana issue your disconnect is painfully apparent.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:35 AM

You simply don't know much about political demographics and analysis.

Just because a county "votes democrat" doesn't mean that the county is considered "liberal". Conservatism encompasses a multitude of issues, and on many of them, the state is markedly conservative. You want proof? Just look what happened when California got a hold of Prop 8. The state isn't as liberal as you pot heads think.

I suggest you take a Political Science course at your local community college so you can properly discuss terms like "liberal" and "conservative".

Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 06-07-2010 at 10:48 AM..

Old 06-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
You simply don't know much about political demographics and analysis.

Just because a county "votes democrat" doesn't mean that the county is considered "liberal". Conservatism encompasses a multitude of issues, and on many of them, the state is markedly conservative. You want proof? Just look what happened when California got a hold of Prop 8. The state isn't as liberal as you pot heads think.

I suggest you take a Political Science course at your local community college so you can properly discuss terms like "liberal" and "conservative".
Oh so now California is really a conservative state because it narrowly over-ruled gay marriage? You truly are delusional. Maybe you ought to watch Fox News and correct them when they rant over California's liberalism. No my friend, you are conservative but very few people in Californis share your opinion and why whenever you vote your choice loses. Hasn't this reality dawned on you yet?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM

20,200 posts, read 21,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
There's people who use it as a natural way to relieve anxiety too. For the people I know who use it that way, it mellows them and allows them to function in a "normal" manner. That's just the way it affects them.
There are other ways to relieve anxiety than taking a drug (legal or illegal).

How about exercise?

How about meditation?

25 Ways to Relieve Anxiety*|*How to Stop Anxiety & End Panic Attacks

Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Oh so now California is really a conservative state because it narrowly over-ruled gay marriage? You truly are delusional. Maybe you ought to watch Fox News and correct them when they rant over California's liberalism. No my friend, you are conservative but very few people in Californis share your opinion and why whenever you vote your choice loses. Hasn't this reality dawned on you yet?
The fact that you watch "Fox News" to get your viewpoint on the politics of the state shows how little you know.

Seriously, sign up for a summer course at your community college, you might learn something (when you're not high from weed).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland