Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 04:56 PM

902 posts, read 2,786,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Those people testified that Marijuana has no side effects?
Enlighten me, what are the side effects of marijuana that outweigh that of other prescription drugs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 05:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
Enlighten me, what are the side effects of marijuana that outweigh that of other prescription drugs?
The side effects of marijuana are certainly FAR, FAR less harmful than those of SSRI antidepressants, which have been scientifically proven to cause violent behavior and suicidal ideation, and only worsen the effects of depression. SSRIs should be on Schedule 1. The reason they aren't is because Big Pharma makes too much money from them.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:09 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
oops! Good thing my suggestions are still applicable for a woman...give or take a chicken wing or two!

As for standing outside a bar where smokers congregate I think it's probably hit n' miss. If your in Berkeley or the Haight ya better stay inside!
This may be a stupid question but do you think lesbians like Hooter waitresses as much as straight men do?

Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The side effects of marijuana are certainly FAR, FAR less harmful than those of SSRI antidepressants, which have been scientifically proven to cause violent behavior and suicidal ideation, and only worsen the effects of depression. SSRIs should be on Schedule 1. The reason they aren't is because Big Pharma makes too much money from them.
Keep in mind this is being said by someone who lacks any medical background, and isn't citing any IRB reviewed studies.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM

814 posts, read 669,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
This may be a stupid question but do you think lesbians like Hooter waitresses as much as straight men do?
A bit subjective, but I'd think they would be easy on the eyes for anyone attracted to females.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantw View Post
Haha... this is like asking the question: where can I find people that don't like to drink alcohol?
At a mosque?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:24 AM

165 posts, read 600,622 times
What's wrong with smoking marijuana?

Asking someone where to find friends sounds kind of childish. To the OP, the best way to find friends is to find people of a similiar interests. It is easy to stay away from pot smokers and drug users, and likewise, dopers do not really want to hang with someone who doesn't smoke or use and doesn't like it.

Personally, I love marijuana and have several joints in front of me right now. I enjoy smoking it with people who enjoy it. If you don't like it, chances are we wont be friends.

Mostly normal people smoke pot. The pot smoker as a Cheech and Chong type stoner, or someone who is 300 lbs and lives in his parent's basement eating chips and playing video games all day is a stereotype and is mostly unfounded and untrue. Federal marijuana laws are asinine, which only throws otherwise law abiding citizens in jail and is a waste of time and valuable resources. Many states like Cali are throwing up their hands and are looking into selling and taxing the drug.

Contrary to popular opinion, the vast majority of SF'ers do not smoke marijuana, or do any other kind of drug. The city is not all hippies and freaks either. SF is a major financial and corporate center, and all of these people have to take drug tests. Ironically, marijuana, by far the safest of the illegal street drugs, stays in the body the longest and is the easiest to detect on a drug screen. Bad drug screen, goodbye 150K a year job. Seek these people out.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,611 times
Marijuana is a plague on society as are the people who use this recreational drug.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Boogie Woogie View Post
What's wrong with smoking marijuana?

Nothing in and of itself...except that it's illegal. So that tells me something about you right away - you don't care about the law and will actively go out of your way to break it.

The second thing...some of us aren't really interested in hanging out with people who are still immature enough to require mind-altering substances to have a good time (that includes binge party drinkers). Grow up already.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I would say no. I have never heard a lesbian say one positive thing about Hooters waitresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland