Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,244,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGrendelx View Post
You saying I'm lazy and unmotivated to improve my life?
The fact that you responded shows that my opinion isn't really needed for confirmation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 04:06 PM

1,700 posts, read 5,919,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
The fact that you responded shows that my opinion isn't really needed for confirmation.
The reason I ask is because you said this in response to a post that was a response to me. You can think whatever you want of me, considering you and you're opinion don't really even exist in my world, but I've already stated in this thread I don't smoke so you're whole "pot smokers are lazy and stupid" argument doesn't apply to me. Just wanting to clarify, actually, since such a statement about someone you don't know is quite bold... and ignorant.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:46 PM

527 posts, read 1,574,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2010 View Post
I'm sure there are some people around here who don't use but almost everyone who I meet seems to smoke weed. It's really depressing. I am in my upper 20s am at the age (well past the age) where I don't want that in my life or to associate with individuals who do. I moved here a few months ago from the east coast and am having a hard time finding like minded individuals. Do they exist in SF? If so, where do non users hang out? Where can I meet them?

How many of you out there who live in the bay area don't smoke pot?
Not sure if you're still paying attention to this thread (I'm thinking not, since the course it has taken), but I'm your age, don't smoke pot, and neither do most of my friends (who live in the city and elsewhere). If people bring it out during a party, I leave the room - if they continue, I leave the party. It probably helps that my most of my friends were roommates or friends of roommates, so we already know what each other's dealbreakers are. As to where you meet people of the non pot-smoking ilk, they're everywhere - it's really just a matter of falling in with like-minded individuals.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:52 PM

771 posts, read 1,578,707 times
Bottom line is, you use drugs, I'm not going to be around you. I won't get into the disgust I feel for people who use illegal drugs around their children...

Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
It says a lot that a recreational drug user can aspire to "such levels".
Are you being sarcastic or genuine? Hard to tell, but I hope it's the former... since I'm not really sure why you'd make fun of a master's degree.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:17 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,833,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
Bottom line is, you use drugs, I'm not going to be around you. I won't get into the disgust I feel for people who use illegal drugs around their children...
Good thing I don't have children... and good thing marijuana isn't illegal for me, LOL. Seriously though, how do you feel about people who smoke pot legally? Does that still offend your delicate sensibilities, or is it okay then? And what about alcohol? Booze is perfectly legal, but I find it more disgusting and dangerous than pot!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,244,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Are you being sarcastic or genuine? Hard to tell, but I hope it's the former... since I'm not really sure why you'd make fun of a master's degree.
As a PhD candidate, a master's degree is what you got if you failed. So it's all a matter of perception.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,241,576 times
Quote:
As a PhD candidate, a master's degree is what you got if you failed. So it's all a matter of perception.
You stopped at least one short in listing the douche bags in MV . . .

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...l#post14542596

Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 AM

36,643 posts, read 67,325,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
you stopped at least one short in listing the douche bags in mv . . .

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...l#post14542596
lol

+1

Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,353,885 times
Quote:
Yeah, you also live in a mansion, drive a red sports car and lay around on the beach all day! What a bunch of BS! You live in a crummy apartment building on the outskirts of Bakersfield, don't have a car since your 1975 Dodge Dart broke down for the hundredth time and your "beach" is sneaking into the public swimming pool late at night.

Now tell us again about your so-called PhD? Isn't your alma mater Moody Bible Institute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland