U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
24,638 posts, read 30,107,935 times
Reputation: 10374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
It's amazing to see you degenerate into this.
You mean when your a jerk its okay cause your just stating your opinion, but when someone else states their opinion-you feign indignation?

That's rich.

Quote:
Are you really that insecure about where you live?
Its precisely because I know about where I come from AND because I have enough experience with where you come from that I can say this quite confidently:
Mission Viejo is nice, very nice actually, but its not nearly as sophisticated as Oakland and certainly is not as desirable a place to live for someone like me.

I demand certain amenities that living in Mission Viejo could not now, nor probably will ever be able to give me.

And so from that standpoint, I congratulate you for finding a place that you think is perfect for you-I happen to think Mission Viejo is woefully beneath my standards as far as food, art, nightlife etc, but if it works for you-then more power to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
rah
 
Location: San Francisco
3,086 posts, read 4,836,128 times
Reputation: 2154
I propose the manufacture of new anti-troll computer monitors that explode in napalm-like showers of molten plastic whenever they detect that the user is trolling an internet forum or is otherwise being extremely dimwitted and obnoxious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Mission Viejo, CA / San Rafael, CA
2,352 posts, read 2,761,982 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair
I demand certain amenities that living in Mission Viejo could not now, nor probably will ever be able to give me.
Gang violence, shoot outs, rioting, and rampant drug trade?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
24,638 posts, read 30,107,935 times
Reputation: 10374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Too much defending, not convincing at all.
There's nothing to defend.

Its a fact, Mission Viejo is small potatoes when it come to food, art and nightlife compared to Oakland. In fact, my neighborhood alone spanks MV something fierce.

Just be happy with Del Taco or whatever it is you guys eat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Mission Viejo, CA / San Rafael, CA
2,352 posts, read 2,761,982 times
Reputation: 512
Still too much defending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
24,638 posts, read 30,107,935 times
Reputation: 10374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Still too much defending.
*yawns*

I know, you can't refute anything I say...hope this conversation finally gives you clarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:32 PM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
11,868 posts, read 9,498,556 times
Reputation: 5550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL...nice try. Oakland has more rich people and that's not even debatable.

Households Earning $200,000+
Oakland 8,985
Mission Viejo 3,520

Of course you might have a higher percentage, but you don't have the socio-economic diversity that Oakland does.

Which also makes the point that Oakland is a city for all people, not just some people.




Adults Age 25 with a graduate degree
Mission Viejo 9,295...14.2% of all adults.
Oakland 36,984....14.6% of all adults.

next.

Your superficial, materialistic, lily-white suburb cannot compete with Oakland..go get in a tanning booth or something.
Oh if you only knew how right this statement is. Mission Viejo isn't far from where I am and I have been there a few times. Seriously, it is the most plain, bland, boring and blah place I've seen anywhere just about. It's a good place to go if you want to get away from life altogether. People there don't live, they just exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 04:56 PM
 
Location: West Coast Wanderer
11,868 posts, read 9,498,556 times
Reputation: 5550
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
I propose the manufacture of new anti-troll computer monitors that explode in napalm-like showers of molten plastic whenever they detect that the user is trolling an internet forum or is otherwise being extremely dimwitted and obnoxious.
May we could have something like this:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 05:20 PM
rah
 
Location: San Francisco
3,086 posts, read 4,836,128 times
Reputation: 2154
^lol exactly my thought, it just needs more fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2010, 09:16 PM
 
Location: The Bay
6,816 posts, read 6,133,772 times
Reputation: 2906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I don't know.

I just saw a thread where Oakland denizens were masturbating over pictures of $1,000,000+ homes in the Oakland hills.

"Bettering Oakland" doesn't seem very high on the priority list, at least here on City-Data. That's usually what happens when wealth isn't diffuse, one side tends to forget the other side exist.

Really... because I was posting pics of million dollar homes.


And what's your point? People in the entire US masturbate over Beverly Hills 24/7... people aren't allowed to like nice houses? This coming from a guy living in Mission Viejo which is the equivalent of a place like Pleasanton is baffling... the only reason people move to a place like Mission Viejo is to be surrounded by other rich people who only care about money and nothing else. Trust me, I would know... being from Redwood City, a needle in the bay's richest haystack, I know exactly what I'm talking about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top