Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:13 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,010 times

Advertisements

You still haven't cited your reference.

That being said, you're still attempting to make the same point that in your mind it's okay to move to Oakland if you're not black/hispanic, male, and young. That's racist and sexist, and you don't even realize it.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
That being said, you're still attempting to make the same point that in your mind it's okay to move to Oakland if you're not black/hispanic, male, and young. That's racist and sexist, and you don't even realize it.
Once again, you miss the point-this couldnt possibly be that far over your head?

The thing is, you act like everyone in Oakland is a walking target and that no matter where you are, you are most likely going to be shot and killed. But looking at the facts, that's just not true.

Normal people of any race who are not criminals and lead normal lives are basically safe and have very little to fear.

85% of those being killed are Black and Hispanics btwn the ages of 18-30. In most cases, these are deaths that occur during the commital of a crime, such as gang activity or drug sales etc. And in most cases they occur between 8pm-12am.

That's all. If you are law abiding black or hispanic or white or asian etc, then you have nothing to fear. Except maybe police brutality in the case of blacks and hispanics.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 PM

282 posts, read 382,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Once again, you miss the point-this couldnt possibly be that far over your head?

The thing is, you act like everyone in Oakland is a walking target and that no matter where you are, you are most likely going to be shot and killed. But looking at the facts, that's just not true.

Normal people of any race who are not criminals and lead normal lives are basically safe and have very little to fear.

85% of those being killed are Black and Hispanics btwn the ages of 18-30. In most cases, these are deaths that occur during the commital of a crime, such as gang activity or drug sales etc. And in most cases they occur between 8pm-12am.

That's all. If you are law abiding black or hispanic or white or asian etc, then you have nothing to fear. Except maybe police brutality in the case of blacks and hispanics.
You're trying to explain reality to a moron who bases life on stats and error margins. It's pointless. Never mind what the truth is, it will not matter. Do you see a pattern here? You're arguing with a manically depressed sick person. It's the same thing day in and day out.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yeah, a 3 month old baby that got beat to death in Oakland in 2007 must've been a life long criminal.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...OakHomMap2.pdf

Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland Uptown View Post
You're trying to explain reality to a moron who bases life on stats and error margins. It's pointless. Never mind what the truth is, it will not matter. Do you see a pattern here? You're arguing with a manically depressed sick person. It's the same thing day in and day out.
Yes and he never tires of being a hater, that says a lot.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM

Notice the "Oakland only kills blacks and hispanics crew" ignored that a 3 month old baby was recently beaten to death in Oakland?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 AM

70 posts, read 179,758 times
I can't find any report of a baby being beaten to death in Oakland. I did find a comment from you on another thread where you have this to say about the Temescal:
Quote:
that area you're talking about isn't very safe and it's near some very violent areas in Oakland. Stay in during the night. You might feel like a prisoner in your own home but at least you won't catch a bullet in the stomach.
After reading that comment, I can't give any credibility to anything you have to say about Oakland neighborhoods.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Do you actually know the cross streets that were being discussed in that area? It's not a safe place.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 PM

70 posts, read 179,758 times
Yes, I do know the cross street. I have friends in that area and have visited many times. I go to restaurants there too-- yes, EVEN AT NIGHT! Your advice to "stay in during the night" is just silly. Have you ever actually spent any time there?

Old 06-08-2010, 02:04 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faville View Post
Yes, I do know the cross street. I have friends in that area and have visited many times. I go to restaurants there too-- yes, EVEN AT NIGHT! Your advice to "stay in during the night" is just silly. Have you ever actually spent any time there?
I think we've all established, repeatedly, that this knucklehead is a paranoid manic depressive megalomaniac with some serious deep-seated fears of being ignored and has never, ever lived in Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland