Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 05:45 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
If you live along the coast of Southern CA I wouldn't call it "constant warmth", it's actually pretty mild to even "cool" imho. It's been cloudy and in the mid-60's all week, typical "June Gloom" weather pattern here and I hate it, but you'd probably love it, haha.
Yeah, San Diego is a different story... my brother lives there, and always says the weather is close to perfect. If I had to live anywhere else in CA, I think San Diego would be the next best to SF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 AM

1,882 posts, read 3,108,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
If you live along the coast of Southern CA I wouldn't call it "constant warmth", it's actually pretty mild to even "cool" imho. It's been cloudy and in the mid-60's all week, typical "June Gloom" weather pattern here and I hate it, but you'd probably love it, haha.
sav:
Amount of overcast related to fog/onshore flow within a half mile of the coast in San Diego vs. Amount of overcast related to fog/onshore flow more than 5 miles from the coast in SF? Which is more? More specifically, is there more overcast during spring/summer in Del Mar or in North Beach and FiDi of SF?

*I'm NOT asking whether San Francisco in general gets more overcast/fog than San Diego in general.*

Old 06-12-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
I moved out of the city so I could drive and not worry about parking! I'm not against public transit, but I like my freedom and spontaneity.
That is one thing I miss about the suburbs... but now I live right on the Daly City border, so I do most of my shopping in DC & SSF/Colma anyway. But when I want the full "city experience," I'm also right on top of that!

Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
I'm definitely taking Muni (N-Judah) to the Haight Street fair. Seriously are people that stubborn/determined to drive all the time that they'll subject themselves to the frustration of finding street parking during a major festival in an already densely packed urban area? Especially when there are numerous bus lines and a light rail line nearby?
I just checked on 511.org, and it says I have to take the 28 to the 71... I seem to remember using light-rail from here (19th Ave) before, so am I missing something?

Old 06-12-2010, 02:28 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,517,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I just checked on 511.org, and it says I have to take the 28 to the 71... I seem to remember using light-rail from here (19th Ave) before, so am I missing something?
Take the N to Carl and Cole and walk few blocks south to Haight! I guess 71 will be re-routed because Haight will be closed for the fair.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:55 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,546,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
I'm definitely taking Muni (N-Judah) to the Haight Street fair. Seriously are people that stubborn/determined to drive all the time that they'll subject themselves to the frustration of finding street parking during a major festival in an already densely packed urban area? Especially when there are numerous bus lines and a light rail line nearby?
I agree that parking can be frustrating, but the buses going to a major festival in SF, esp. in the Haight, are really, really going to suck, especially when they require rerouting. Light rail should be slightly better, you can stuff more people in. But your best bet, if you're within a few miles, is walking.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:30 AM

814 posts, read 669,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That is one thing I miss about the suburbs... but now I live right on the Daly City border, so I do most of my shopping in DC & SSF/Colma anyway. But when I want the full "city experience," I'm also right on top of that!
I live near Lake Merritt and now have a spare bedroom,garden,garage,parking,and plenty of supermarkets to choose from. Oh and I'm only a 10 minute drive to the city if it's non peak! Gotta love it

Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 AM

34 posts, read 65,625 times
I ride my bicycle up and down the length of Valencia Street every week and I see plenty of women in dresses, skirts with stylish tops and even flipflops, all exhibiting fine San Francisco style. On weekend nights, there are even more, but they take on a distinctly "clubbing night" style.

But I agree on the street fairs - they have become pretty homogenous. Except for the Folsom Street Fair, saved by its extreme nature and of course, Carnaval because who doesn't like a parade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland