U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM

15,224 posts, read 9,368,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamadon1 View Post
Nope. Only building is the one on the Emeryville border next to 580 but I think that's apartments. Broadway Grand phase 2 is supposed to start soon, but I believe that'll be apartments as well. Hard to believe with 25% 2 year increases in average rents the market can stay frozen for much longer. I guess everyone is building in SF now. I don't know what builders are waiting on
Broadway Grand is condo. They did have a temp rental period but they are back on sale now.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 PM

297 posts, read 134,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Broadway Grand is condo. They did have a temp rental period but they are back on sale now.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Phase 2 - I believe SFBT article a while back said it'd be apartments. Could be wrong?

Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obamadon1 View Post
Phase 2 - I believe SFBT article a while back said it'd be apartments. Could be wrong?
Hard to stay. Broadway Grand started as condos, went to rentals during the bust (which was really a few weeks after they went on sale), and now are back on the market....

Old 02-13-2013, 11:08 AM

939 posts, read 1,111,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Hard to stay. Broadway Grand started as condos, went to rentals during the bust (which was really a few weeks after they went on sale), and now are back on the market....
i don't think there will be any new condos anytime soon.
a number of planned condo development like the grand,citywalk and broadway grand went to rentals.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM

297 posts, read 134,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
a number of planned condo development like the grand,citywalk and broadway grand went to rentals.
Was the Grand ever intended to be condos? Broadway Grand is selling again. The economy isn't the same as it was four years ago - time to start building again.

According to me at least

Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM

11 posts, read 9,601 times
I used to Rent in Broadway Grand. They were pretty nice but I would not buy. The cabinets are made of cheap faux wood and you can hear your upstairs neighbors too easily. The thuds made me insane. I will never rent an apartment again, I can't imagine buying one and having the live with constant thuds unless I was at the top. The Grand was never meant to be sold, those are rentals only and they are very pricy too. Phase 2 of Broadway Grand is supposed to begin later this year or next year I believe.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 PM

24,493 posts, read 29,733,094 times
LATimes article on upcoming event at Oliveto
14th annual Whole Hog Dinner at Oliveto in Oakland - latimes.com

Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
The Grand was always planned to be rentals. I believe that Citywalk was as well.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Stansfield View Post
I used to Rent in Broadway Grand. They were pretty nice but I would not buy. The cabinets are made of cheap faux wood and you can hear your upstairs neighbors too easily. The thuds made me insane. I will never rent an apartment again, I can't imagine buying one and having the live with constant thuds unless I was at the top. The Grand was never meant to be sold, those are rentals only and they are very pricy too. Phase 2 of Broadway Grand is supposed to begin later this year or next year I believe.

Yup, the finishes at Broadway Grand sucked for the price. Same is true for Pacific Cannery Lofts. Yet people seem to be buying them. I am confused.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 AM

24,493 posts, read 29,733,094 times
Mahalo!

Hawaii tourism rebound includes added Oakland flights | Hawaii Insider | an SFGate.com blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland