Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:35 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,382,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
It's kind of crazy what has been going on Bay Area public transportation in the past few months, which has made headlines around the country and around the world due to YouTube. However, what is special about the Bay Area now is that much of these altercations between passengers have been recorded and put on the internet.

Fight on SF Muni

YouTube - Fight on SF Muni Bus in Chinatown - HIGH QUALITY ORIGINAL

Fight on AC Transit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQJFv9SMSMQ

This could happen anywhere in the country, but its a wonder why the fights in the Bay Area gain such notoriety? I stopped riding AC Transit when I got my car up here, and I haven't had that much experience with Muni, but I've always had crazy experiences on public transportation.

I guess that's the other side of being tech savy. Thoughts?

HAHAHAHA!!!

So many low lifes in this world lol.

YouTube - Asian Lady responds to SF Muni Bus fight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,236,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
While the public transit is good up there, I think it's always been a bit crazy. When I was growing up, shootings on AC Transit were not unheard of. Those bullet proof plastic shields behind the drivers are a direct result of that. I remember in the late 80's there was a driver shot at point blank range on the AC Transit line 40, the 40 ran from downtown Berkeley to San Leandro through some of the roughest parts of Oakland, down foothill blvd. all the way through the numbered avenues.

Violence on Bay Area public transit, especially AC Transit and Muni is not a new thing really and has made news for a long time. At least now they have downgraded to beating each other up instead of shooting the drivers, or others.
Yeah there are shootings on MUNI from time to time too. I remember back in 2003 I think, there was a kid who was shot to death on the 24 (and i'm pretty sure I remember another kid was shot and killed on the bus the previous year). Just last week a woman was robbed at gunpoint on the underground, at church station. I have a friend/coworker who was riding the 15 down 3rd street, on his way to work a few years ago (we worked at a warehouse in HP), and a dude on the corner pulled a gun and started shooting at the bus as it drove by...and i also remember a couple years ago when a bus was sprayed with bullets at Mission and Silver, in the Excelsior (no one was hurt). In fact i remember seeing old buses in the MUNI yard at 3rd and army that looked like they had bullet holes through the back window.

Hunters point, where buses go through the projects, is where the most crazy/violent stuff probably goes on though, including more people spraying the bus with bullets (and injuring people), kids throwing rocks at buses, and even people doing drive-by's out of bus windows (that last one is just hearsay).

Last edited by rah; 02-27-2010 at 12:53 PM..

Old 02-27-2010, 03:25 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,474,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
BTW it turns out that the epic beard man stood up to a murderer who broke his parole, now he will be going back to prison for 10+ years.
Actually that was a rumor that was started by the old man and wasn't true. The old dude is a nut job who has a history of incidents like this and was off his meds when this one occurred. Check out this link:

**Updates** (Feb 22) on AC Transit Fight in Oakland Intvs w/ Epic Beard (Tom) & Blackman (Coolio) « Davey D’s Hip Hop Corner-(The Blog)

Both men are completely at fault here IMO, but the black dude definitely got the short end of the stick in every way by being insulted, being at fault for giving in to being taunted and initiating physical contact, getting beat down publicly, and then having a video posted about it that has the whole world looking at it like he was just a thug who got what he deserved.

I actually feel bad for the dude. I think he got pulled into the incident by a bigger, more physically fit headcase who was egging him on the whole time. He should have just let the old guy run his mouth, and maybe if he were sober he would have. But now he has to live with this humiliation and with most people thinking he was just a bully who got what he deserved like Scut Farkus in A Christmas Story. The court of public opinion can be brutal.

And all the racist remarks against this man just turn my stomach. I hope folks will realize that the old dude is out of his mind and dangerous. The black dude did not have a giant knife that he pulled and he didn't sock the old guy in the face three times (it looked to me like he barely made contact with his shoulder). The white guy is clearly delusional and seems prone to causing drama publicly. This incident just worked out in his favor.

Now that Muni fight otoh was a different story. The black lady instigated the whole thing and thought she could bully the Chinese lady and ended up getting exactly what she deserved IMO.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,417,868 times
Surfing on in from the Chicago forums, but I just had one thing to say. BRING DA AMBALAMPS!!!! Or you could say Bring the Amber Lamps!!! Whichever you prefer lol.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
At first when I saw this fight, I could not figure out what about Tom Slick was so interesting. Vietnam vet, check, like my old man. From chicago, check.

Don't mess with folks from Chicago and don't mess with vets, you mess with both, it's over.

And dude who got beat up, is a loser.

He is real good at playing the victim.. "woe was me blah blah blah"

Heres what I gather:

1 Dude admitts to being drunk and getting on a bus
2 The fight happened on a weekday, everyone is working and night shifters are sleeping. Only people on the bus seem to be elderly and college sutdents, but not this guy, hes drunk on a bus
3 Dude claims he is 50 years old, yet dresses in baggy cloths and has corn rows for a hair style, can we say THUG
4 Dude throws the first punch, after tom slick walks away, gets beat down, and than threatens to kill him after Tom Walks off the bus

Hmm Now I know why this guy is on the radio saying he is sorry and trying to play the victim.

He went home and Grandma or Mammy saw the video and now every one at church knows baby michael (who is 50) is a thug

He went to the corner store to go get him self a forty and arab dude who owns the place started laughing at him telling him he saw him on TV.

He went the basketball court and all the homeboys probably started doggin on him.

Yea, I'll bet he's real sorry....NOW

The funniest thing about this is dude has the nerve to claim he is a LAW ABIDING citizen.

Yeah as if public intoxication, assault, assault on the elderly, and disorderly conduct, all in one act, some how equates to being a law abiding citizen. I'm sold!

Something tells me this dude has been playing the victim his whole sorry life.

And dont even get me started on the "college student" who filmed this. Shes a ghetto thug, a racist, and at the very least a criminal who encouraged public disorder. I love how in response to all the negative publicity, she claims to be an objective journalist. If I was journalist, seeing something like that would make me puke.

That would be like Joseph Mingele comparing himself to an honest doctor.

All and all, just another day in the bay.

I wish Chicago would saind us 100 Tom Slicks, than maybe we could wipe some of the scum off the street.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 AM

902 posts, read 2,787,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
Surfing on in from the Chicago forums, but I just had one thing to say. BRING DA AMBALAMPS!!!! Or you could say Bring the Amber Lamps!!! Whichever you prefer lol.

????????

Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times
The Bay Area is home to people sticking up for themselves.

Whether they be right or wrong, they WILL stand up for themselves when a fight is picked.

I think the thugs oughta think twice about trying to clock the old folks.

PS In the 80's-90's you would have had the time of your life riding the welfare train (82L) down E. 14th.

Last edited by Taboo2; 03-04-2010 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland