Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 12:20 PM

7 posts, read 11,339 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm looking to move from MD to Northern CA. I have 20 years business ownership experience (Marketing and IT) as CEO, with an MBA from Johns Hopkins. I was just wondering if anyone knew of $100k plus job I might interview for? I'd consider VP of sales or marketing. Or I could work as CEO. I'd like to gain employment before moving there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance for any help getting connected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:50 PM

153 posts, read 381,503 times
From an academic standpoint, JHU doesn't have a very strong b-school reputation, so your MBA may not carry as much weight as you may think. NorCal, specifically the bay area/silicon valley, will have a much higher concentration of high-tech sector jobs, if that's what you're looking for.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:47 PM

6,819 posts, read 9,049,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestsolution8 View Post
Hi,
I'm looking to move from MD to Northern CA. I have 20 years business ownership experience (Marketing and IT) as CEO, with an MBA from Johns Hopkins. I was just wondering if anyone knew of $100k plus job I might interview for? I'd consider VP of sales or marketing. Or I could work as CEO. I'd like to gain employment before moving there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance for any help getting connected.
Your MBA is probably at least as good as one from San Jose State or even Santa Clara University. I'd have to wonder though. With that kind of business experience, and an MBA, why aren't you starting your own business??? I would really like to know your perspective on starting something versus looking for work in an established business.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:05 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,388,424 times
Why move from one of the best regional economies to one that is merely fair to midland and is part of a failing state?

The DC - Baltimore complex is cranking. VA has the best run state government and MD while not quite as good is superior to CA.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:44 AM

244 posts, read 625,630 times
Hey Hillbilly clown...why don't you move out of CA if you hate it here so much? You are comparing a state with 40 million people to two tiny states that are subsidized thanks to to federal spending. Their economy is cranking because your taxes pay for them to crank.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 PM

7 posts, read 11,339 times
Prolly should just start gov't contracting firm here and try and get billions from FEDS just like all the rest are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose