Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:11 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan596821 View Post
Sierra Hills is probably too far away from the action to recruit well.

Forgot to mention that Texas, Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisiana and North Carolina were in the states in June 2010 to post statistically significant job gains in the entire US (Bureau of Labor Statistics).

Livermore is looking better every day. Tied with Denver, Portland, and Research Triangle.
I talked with my co-worker today who moved from Tracy to New Mexico. Our company allows him to telecommute. He moved there with his family to be closer to extended family. However he said his SO really wants to come back to CA now. And they may go back to that same area Tracy/Livermore. Problem is selling a house right now is not an easy thing.

Derek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 07:24 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Houston is the epicenter of Medical hospitals also.
Most call centers are in Houston also.
Come to think of it, I do know a couple of people here who went to Houston to get some specialized cancer treatment. When I visited San Antonio, I also noted there were a lot of prominent medical centers - and not just the military hospital center near Ft. Sam Houston - I think the US Army trains all their medical corpsmen there.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:45 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Come to think of it, I do know a couple of people here who went to Houston to get some specialized cancer treatment. When I visited San Antonio, I also noted there were a lot of prominent medical centers - and not just the military hospital center near Ft. Sam Houston - I think the US Army trains all their medical corpsmen there.
Well from Ft. Hood, those soldiers who were wounded sent to SA.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 AM

49 posts, read 116,865 times
Sorry. Could never live in texas again. Especially with the rise of Limbaugh-Beck-Palin-Fox news, its only gonna get worse. Its too bad b/c texas has the lowest cost of living and taxes with the highest economic growth. If you can stand living in 100 degree heat 100% humidity for summer months.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:46 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,366 times
Quote:
Sorry. Could never live in texas again. Especially with the rise of Limbaugh-Beck-Palin-Fox news, its only gonna get worse. Its too bad b/c texas has the lowest cost of living and taxes with the highest economic growth. If you can stand living in 100 degree heat 100% humidity for summer months.
So I take it the plethora of pick up trucks,10 gallon hats and Tony Lama boots got to be too much?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 AM

the politics, the culture, the social environment, the weather - all the bad stuff

Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times
Quote:
Sierra Hills is probably too far away from the action to recruit well.
Yeah that clean air, no traffic, very reasonable housing prices, and easy pace of life are tough sells.

Good luck Dan where ever you land!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:
How does Limbaugh-Beck and Fox News effect you in anyway?

The only bad thing is the heat and humidity in the summer. Pros outweigh the cons by far.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Limbaugh-Beck-Palin-Fox News extremism lead to bad politics. bad politics lead to economic waste and social ills. texas has the highest rate of uninsured health care population in us. bad immigration problems. kids learning bad history. proliferation of guns. this all drives always good progressive intellectual people

the only bad thing is weather? thats called denial. just like texas. one more problem

Old 08-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Yeah that clean air, no traffic, very reasonable housing prices, and easy pace of life are tough sells.

Good luck Dan where ever you land!
the problem is population. the population hasn't moved there yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose