Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 06:12 PM

6 posts, read 10,873 times

Advertisements

I've ran out of options. I am looking for anything near Santa Cruz or San Luis Obispo where I can stay and work my ass off for free to live and survive.

I recently was bit by a bug in the middle of the night and lost my job as technical support for an ISP and nearly my hand. Now that my hand has recovered, finding work is basically impossible without a car as I moved to where I am because I got this job (which the bug bit me 2 weeks after getting employed). My time is running out here with my saved up rent money. The only family I have is a friend that lives in Santa Cruz so I'm heading there within a few days/weeks.

I have a medical history where I cannot join the military. I signed up for JOB CORPS in San Jose but it will take up to 9 months to get me a dorm room so I can be trained by the government as I relentless search for a job.

I am a very healthy 22 Male~ I would love to work on a farm, specifically a farm that grows lots of things. I can walk 10 miles no problem into town...ect...just need anything to stay healthy and active until I can join Job Corp.

Any suggestions? Alternatives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,494 times
Hello try this website it is a program that offers volunteer work at organic farms and some farms take people for long term and it's all over the country maybe even some in Santa Cruz. Check it out:
WWOOF - World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms

Old 10-08-2010, 01:42 AM

6 posts, read 10,873 times
Yep, been looking at this website. I am waiting on my next unemployment check to pay the fee to even read additional information on the listings..which is lame I have to pay to read lol...

would be awesome if anybody knew anything else besides this though... during this time of year its going to be hard to limit myself just to volunteer farm work

Old 10-19-2010, 10:43 PM

2 posts, read 7,340 times
Cinderous

There are always lots of illegals outside of Home Depot on 41st Avenue looking for manual labor jobs. They get paid $10/hour, cash. Why don't join them? Seriously, you could probably earn enough to tide you over until another opportunity comes up. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:12 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyRedHeart View Post
Cinderous

There are always lots of illegals outside of Home Depot on 41st Avenue looking for manual labor jobs. They get paid $10/hour, cash. Why don't join them? Seriously, you could probably earn enough to tide you over until another opportunity comes up. I wish you the best of luck.
And there are some ridiculous, righteous, judgemental a-holes frequently trolling around here. Real nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose