Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:01 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Uh... not severe enough to get them tossed into internment camps.
www.gaic.info

Old 07-20-2011, 08:10 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,743,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post

Thanks for that, it was very informative. I still think it's telling though of the racial climate at the time that approximately 10x more Japanese were interned despite making up a tiny fraction of the American population that Germans did at the time... there was also somewhat of a different bias against Japanese Americans due to the majority of them being on the West Coast, which was as close as one got to Pearl Harbor on the mainland. Germans were spread all around the country which made it difficult for the government to target them as effectively, but even the differences in exclusion and internment policies (Germans received individual exclusion hearings whereas the Japanese were basically rounded up and treated as a monolithic group) highlight the differences in how the two were treated. Internment also had an extremely concrete effect on Asian American culture... in its aftermath, there was a far more concerted effort on the part of Japanese and even other Asian groups to reject their culture and assimilate into America. Not surprising considering the anti-Japanese dogma that was present in the camps 24/7...

Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 AM

457 posts, read 756,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
No, it is "over with". We are no longer in wars or fights with American Indians. We gave them reservations, money and let them govern themselves. It's over with. We conquered, they lost. What's so hard to see there?
Thanks for "giving them" reservations. They are very grateful

Old 07-21-2011, 09:51 AM

745 posts, read 1,283,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
Thanks for "giving them" reservations. They are very grateful
And the Mexicans are doing exactly what we did to the Indians. Why shouldn't they? This is how mankind operates. The strongest and most ambitious and most populous get the spoils. Do you think we conquered America fairly and justly? Of course not, so why are we constantly shocked that Mexicans break laws and steal identities? They just want a piece of the pie and clearly their culture and drive has more balls than ours.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,235 times
Default Let it be

To me, Cali is beautiful...if someone wants to fly a flag, I have bigger things to worry about. How do I know that they don't have a US flag on their other car?

Old 07-22-2011, 01:35 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,036,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
And the Mexicans are doing exactly what we did to the Indians. Why shouldn't they? This is how mankind operates. The strongest and most ambitious and most populous get the spoils. Do you think we conquered America fairly and justly? Of course not, so why are we constantly shocked that Mexicans break laws and steal identities? They just want a piece of the pie and clearly their culture and drive has more balls than ours.

You can't be serious. You're saying Mexicans break laws and steal identities because they are stronger and more ambitious and are entitled to do so somehow? I've been an identity/credit card and check fraud victim multiple...yes multiple times throughout my adult life. Would you be shocked to know that the suspects have all been caught and have all been Mexican? Seriously.

Explain to me how that's "culture" and "drive". It's called being a low-life criminal. If I were a law-abiding upstanding Mexican I'd be disgusted that my fellow people were acting like this and getting to play the victim role and somehow justify their criminal behavior.

Two wrongs don't make a right. It just keeps the cycle if injustice spinning and nobody ever learns to get along and be law-abiding productive members of society.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:27 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,331,458 times
This thread getting locked up 5....4....3....2....

I didn't even bother slogging through the first ten pages of this mess of a "discussion".

But I can say this: regardless of motivation, the Hispanics will win. It may or may not be for any of the reasons mentioned. Quite simply it will be: because they reproduce.

Finding a Latina woman who is 25 years old and doesn't have at least one child is almost unheard of. They get the whole dynamic of family and the next generations even if not consciously. Now, look at how many NON Latina women there are who are childless, particularly Caucasians. Quite a large amount by percentage by comparison. While they are busy practicing narcissistic tendencies of "shattering glass ceilings" and "investing too much time in my education/career to raise children to be a mother", right under their noses, they have no progeny and no future for reciprocal care. Never mind carrying on the name or bloodline.

By the time these women finally have that revelation, it's usually too late. At 40, the clock has, for all practical purposes, ran out. Heck even 35 is pushing it. Now, the best they can hope for is to spend tens of thousands of dollars through "reproductive" care and other "assistance" (usually involving turkey basters and/or glass beakers).

-All with no no guarantees of success. To do what could (and should) have come quite naturally and unassisted and for free a decade or two earlier. Meanwhile, 99% of Latina women, at 40, already have children who are in or fast approaching their teen years.

This reason ALONE will eventually assure the Hispanics total territorial and governmental control within the next two to three generations. 100% assured.

Last edited by Des-Lab; 07-22-2011 at 03:03 PM..

Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 PM

57 posts, read 361,835 times
In the United States, we have something called the 1st Amendment... people can fly whatever flag they want to fly on their own property... regardless of how appropriate or how distasteful. I don't like see Confederate flags, but hey, people have that right. Same goes for Mexican or any other flag.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:26 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,773,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbwnab View Post
To me, Cali is beautiful...if someone wants to fly a flag, I have bigger things to worry about. How do I know that they don't have a US flag on their other car?

This is the best thing I've seen written on this thread.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:05 PM

159 posts, read 558,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbwnab View Post

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose