Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:36 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,895 times

Advertisements

If you want to fly the flag of some 3rd world arm pit, go for it. I could care less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Think I'll go and get a Mi Pueblo chili verde burrito now.
You're making me hungry for their pastor super tacos.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
I was driving through east SJ (the latino area). I saw a number of vehicles (mainly SUVs with chrome wheels) displaying just a MEXICAN flag. WTH? Now if they were displaying a US flag along with a Mexican flag, that'd be fine with me because I believe you should be proud of where you came from. But what the hell is up with this?? If you live in this country, your allegiance is to the US. If you have any flags on your car or property, at least one of them better be the flag of the country you're living in now.

And why don't see other races pulling this crap? I don't see Chinese or Filipinos or Indians driving around with their country's flag strapped to the antenna. Get outta here!!!
Well I even though dont see patriotism as a religious faith, I agree somewhat, in that if youre here, respect that you were able to get here. And if where one comes from is so much better and grand, then why are you here? And besides, all the flag waving and boasting about what race or nationality we are is silly, since before we were born, we did'nt fill out an application for what race or place we affiliate with. None of us had any say in the matter. Pride comes from achievement. Not default.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:45 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
If you want to fly the flag of some 3rd world arm pit, go for it. I could care less.
Wow.
That's such an ignorant and unkind and mean spirited comment.
Forget about illegal immigration, etc., ... Mexico is an amazing and beautiful country (despite the poverty and problems) with beautiful people and amazing history.
And much of the unique vibe of California is due to the Mexican influence ... past and present.
If you could put aside your bias, you'd appreciate that truth.
Duh!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM

268 posts, read 391,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Wow.
Forget about illegal immigration, etc., ... Mexico is an amazing and beautiful country (despite the poverty and problems) with beautiful people and amazing history.
And much of the unique vibe of California is due to the Mexican influence ... past and present.
Duh!
...just don't cross their borders illegally or raise the American flag on their soil.

You will be shot dead!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:37 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Exactly. Even if one doesn't care for the country in question (which is apparent here^), there ain't no reason to get all huffy over someone else exercising their right to simply fly a flag.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Pride comes from achievement. Not default.
Pride and achievement don't happen in a vacuum. They necessarily are affected within the context of one's roots, culture, access to healthcare, education, etc. Some get everything from doing next to nothing; some do everything they can and still end up with nothing.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Wow.
Duh!
Have you been to Mexico lately? It is the violent 3rd world on our southern border. If it was the 'amazing and beautiful country' you describe they wouldn't be clamoring to jump the border. I would be doing the same thing if I was stuck in that hell hole.

Mexican Drug War Total killed: 39,392 (December 2006–December 2010)

Gross National Income (per capita) $5,178.76 per person

Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,639 times
Quote:
Have you been to Mexico lately? It is the violent 3rd world on our southern border. If it was the 'amazing and beautiful country' you describe they wouldn't be clamoring to jump the border. I would be doing the same thing if I was stuck in that hell hole.

I'm someone who loves Mexico, Central and South America.
You can love a place while at the same recognizing the problems.
And even if i didn't love a place, i wouldn't call it an "arm pit".
There is beauty everywhere and there is ugliness and inhumanity everywhere.
(and the u.s. is a violent first world country - what's our excuse?!)

Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 PM

255 posts, read 514,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Pride comes from achievement. Not default.
Well said.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:35 AM

125 posts, read 206,282 times
Quote:
It is the violent 3rd world on our southern border. If it was the 'amazing and beautiful country' you describe they wouldn't be clamoring to jump the border.
Just wanted to add some facts to your false statements;
the Per capita income $13,900 (2010) NOT $5,178.76
The unemployment rate in Mexico is 5.4% (2010)
GDP is $1.567 trillion (2010 est.)
Mexico in comparison to the world #12 (not too shabby). [url=https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mx.html]
As far as the "drug war", it is the direct result of the insatiable US appetite for drugs due to its paranoid, schizoid puritanical tradition.

Last edited by diet1; 10-14-2011 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose