Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM

926 posts, read 972,143 times

Advertisements

i looked at 1550 tech drive nearby airport however due to litigation it is cash only condos. i wonder if an y of you guys know similar condos in terms of price, quality size etc. nearby for sale with no issues?the ones i looked ,only is always older type that used to be apartments and in not in diserable condition. thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 03:40 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,073,278 times
Brickyard at 3rd and Keyes comes to mind, neighborhood's not as good though. It's not reasonable to expect new construction to be that price with no caveats.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 PM

57 posts, read 360,842 times
Try AXIS in Downtown SJ. Might be a little more expensive (or you may have to downgrade to a smaller unit), but the units are new, pretty spacious and nice.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 AM

68 posts, read 166,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyencd000 View Post
i looked at 1550 tech drive nearby airport however due to litigation it is cash only condos. i wonder if an y of you guys know similar condos in terms of price, quality size etc. nearby for sale with no issues?the ones i looked ,only is always older type that used to be apartments and in not in diserable condition. thx.
The litigation is what keeping the price of these condos down, so it'll be hard to find the exact same thing for the same price.

There is a condo complex on 430-410 1st Street. The condo I was looking at seemed bigger than the one on Tech Dr. and had a much bigger patio. I don't think the complex is as new as Tech Dr. but the condo itself was in nice condition with hardwood floors and "higher" ceiling. The price was roughly the same and the complex was FHA approved.

-- ilya

Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 PM

113 posts, read 216,005 times
from looking at the maps I would think living that close to the airport would be loud (and possibly risky?) Would people seriously consider that a nice area???

Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
from looking at the maps I would think living that close to the airport would be loud (and possibly risky?) Would people seriously consider that a nice area???
Yeah, living nearby airport is not very desirable first noise secondly landing and take-off zone are usually most dangerous area. However, I drove by the complex last week the surroundings look pretty good as well as the building itself.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc888 View Post
Try AXIS in Downtown SJ. Might be a little more expensive (or you may have to downgrade to a smaller unit), but the units are new, pretty spacious and nice.
Looked at Axis, those units are awesome but 2 bedroom units are bit out of reach for me, started from 500k. If I ever hit a jackpot I will definitely get one of those

Old 01-20-2012, 01:44 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,073,278 times
Seriously though, if you're looking for newer condos at a reasonable price, San Jose is still your best bet by a long shot. 1550 Technology's prices are artificially low though. A good size 2-bedroom will start around $300K.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM

ok i looked at couple of places tbihs weekend, 10 something. i am trying to fit in the 250k but that seems to ne far stretch. lot of affordable in oak ridge. looks nice area but i like west side more. there is nOne place that looks like a plaza on 1310 saddle rack street not far from sunnyvale where i live. price looks at 220k ridiculously low compared to other ones i looked at. lk
ooks like there must be a catch. i wonder what it is. location is not perfect it faces metal fence with craooy biuluding and not newarby tre is another coostruction. anyone knows anytihng about this place? thx

Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,545,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyencd000 View Post
ok i looked at couple of places tbihs weekend, 10 something. i am trying to fit in the 250k but that seems to ne far stretch. lot of affordable in oak ridge. looks nice area but i like west side more. there is nOne place that looks like a plaza on 1310 saddle rack street not far from sunnyvale where i live. price looks at 220k ridiculously low compared to other ones i looked at. lk
ooks like there must be a catch. i wonder what it is. location is not perfect it faces metal fence with craooy biuluding and not newarby tre is another coostruction. anyone knows anytihng about this place? thx
Midtown Plaza is currently in litigation with KB Homes, the builder, over defects that the HOA is are currently fixing. There is also construction nearby, a large apartment complex has been under construction diagonally across the street for a year now. A few units have tandem parking instead of two regular parking spots. If you come by you will see all that, there are no guarantees that they will be successful in litigation. If you want to avoid construction issues you would have to wait maybe a year or two until everything is dealt with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose