U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 AM

5,668 posts, read 10,258,894 times

Advertisements

Trying to raise a family makes people stressed and unhappy anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM

14,572 posts, read 12,503,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Trying to raise a family makes people stressed and unhappy anywhere.
Definitely true.

But the high cost of a single family home in this area makes it doubly so. It pretty much eliminates the possiblity of single familiy home ownership and having one parent stay at home for all but the richest of couples....that is less true for other areas.

I'm not into kids personally, but many people who want them are effectively forced out of the area if they want to live a half decent lifestyle.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_faithful View Post
If you were rich, you wouldn't want to live in San Jose anyway. So many other nicer cities in the bay to choose from.
Depends. If you're "working rich" and your business/company is here, you might still want to live in SV, if not SJ proper.

FYI, not all well off folks live in the flashier towns. I have a friend who was a houshold manager for folks who lived in the hills of East SJ. They had a great place. They were not billionaires, but it's not out of the question that they had $100 million or so (although I don't know for sure). They certainly could have lived in Palo Alto or Saratoga if they'd wanted to.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM

1,027 posts, read 702,053 times
All the people who're off the boat, that's what I don't like there... boo hoo, don't cry racist, THEY are the most racist ones I ever seen.
Then, the Yuppies.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:57 PM

7,755 posts, read 6,814,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
boo hoo, don't cry racist, THEY are the most racist ones I ever seen.
We worry about those who get themselves so worked up so easily. Have a drink and settle down.

Now, which FOB's are we addressing here, and are they attacking you?

Old 03-13-2012, 06:00 PM

50,242 posts, read 47,554,186 times
angry young chicanos that dont have a 4.0 no chance of even finishing high school and spend all their time wandering the streets hating all the rich 6 figure W2 people from wisconsin that do.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 PM

7,755 posts, read 6,814,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
angry young chicanos that dont have a 4.0 no chance of even finishing high school and spend all their time wandering the streets hating all the rich 6 figure W2 people from wisconsin that do.
You don't need a 4.0 to have a chance of finishing high school.

What percentage of "all the rich 6 figure W2 people" are, in fact, from Wisconsin, and what evidence do we have that suggests young chicanos "wandering the streets" are perseverating on them?

Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM

13 posts, read 18,116 times
Thump thump thump cars blasting their music or illegally modified cars with loud exhausts that they drive through my neighborhood and wake people up.

Neighbors that open their garage and yell and scream all night, trying to wake up the neighborhood.
They could easily close their garage, but they purposely keep it open to be *******s.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,635,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Depends. If you're "working rich" and your business/company is here, you might still want to live in SV, if not SJ proper.
If money was no object, not sure why you'd want to live in SJ proper. There are much nicer towns in the west part of the valley. Yes, SJ does have nice neighborhoods in areas such as Almaden Valley. That works for people who are well off, but not incredibly rich. They've decided its worth it to buy a larger house in a good school district, vs what you can get for that price in an area like Palo Alto, Los Gatos or Saratoga. However, with that, you sacrifice a lot of the character of these other cities, as even the nice areas of SJ (with the exception of Willow Glen) just seem like suburban sprawl and strip malls.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
If money was no object, not sure why you'd want to live in SJ proper. There are much nicer towns in the west part of the valley. Yes, SJ does have nice neighborhoods in areas such as Almaden Valley. That works for people who are well off, but not incredibly rich. They've decided its worth it to buy a larger house in a good school district, vs what you can get for that price in an area like Palo Alto, Los Gatos or Saratoga. However, with that, you sacrifice a lot of the character of these other cities, as even the nice areas of SJ (with the exception of Willow Glen) just seem like suburban sprawl and strip malls.
Not all super well off people live in PA, LG, and Saratoga...contrary to popular opinion. I had a friend who was a household manager for rich folks in the hills above East SJ. I also went to church with someone and worked with someone else who had homes in the hills above Almaden Valley. I'm sure they all could've lived in Saratoga if they'd wanted to. I think some very well off people actually prefer to avoid the better known "rich" towns. They don't want to advertise what they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose