U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 AM

267 posts, read 246,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Cupertino & Palo Alto are nicer, but are even more crazy expensive than SJ. Even so, there are large swaths of SJ that are just as nice as places like Cupertino, and while the school districts might not be quite as good, there are a few that come reasonably close (I'm thinking of the Almaden Valley area). Sunnyvale? It's just as blah as SJ if not more so, and it's more expensive.
What's so nice about Cupertino? It doesn't even have a downtown nor any place to walk around in nor does it have many parks and trails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 01:11 AM

47,955 posts, read 43,402,587 times
if u r from wisconsin 26 and making 6 figures @ golden triangle, its muy happy.
its like gloria used to say to me on the hood, huck when u got money every place is mardi gras.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:18 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,245,500 times
One this that's good about SJ is that the place is very clean and safe..

Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 AM

13,340 posts, read 10,601,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
What's so nice about Cupertino? It doesn't even have a downtown nor any place to walk around in nor does it have many parks and trails.
I suppose that's true. I don't care for it that much myself. There are neighborhoods in SJ that are just as nice or nicer than Cupertino that are less expensive. it's nice in the sense that it has very low crime and it has a great school distrtrict (at least if you go just by test scores).

Old 03-20-2012, 03:13 PM

6,555 posts, read 15,657,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calif408 View Post
Even those of you shredding me on this forum (u kno who u are) have to admit that there are no longer any "bad sections" of san jose, it seems to have spread throughout the entire city. Some areas are worse than others for crime and filth, but it seems like even the nice neighborhoods you can go just a couple streets over and have the bad element
Not really. The bad sections of San Jose are pretty persistent and predictable. Bad things can happen anywhere, but if you live close to De Anza Blvd or Quito Road or National Ave, for example, you can bet you're going to be pretty safe. If you live by Gramercy or Havana or Vine, you're going to have more than normal issues.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,377,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I suppose that's true. I don't care for it that much myself. There are neighborhoods in SJ that are just as nice or nicer than Cupertino that are less expensive. it's nice in the sense that it has very low crime and it has a great school distrtrict (at least if you go just by test scores).
Yes, but Cupertino is also in a more central location to Silicon Valley companies vs Almaden.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:21 AM

93 posts, read 122,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calif408 View Post
Im not "trolling" Im just stating my opinion that I really dont see SJ as being one of the happiest cities in the US. And yes, your research on me shows that I have posted in Lex & Boise....San Jose has absolutely nothing left for me. Im tired of the ridiculously high rents and overcrowding. I have found a 2br 2ba "luxury" apt for under $700/month.
I have been in san jose for about 30 years all together, went to school here, got my first job here, etc...I have watched it deteriorate throughout the years. Getting more and more crowded, more trash on the streets, and the traffic is crazy. Even on weekends.
So if passing on my view of my hometown is trolling then I guess Ill find a nice bridge to live under. Thats another thing I wont miss about SJ. Everyone is so touchy.
Maybe you should just chill or just spend some quality winter time in the place you are thinking about moving. I miss San Jose so much. I know it's expensive but consider it a quality of life tax. Worth every penny

Old 03-22-2012, 02:17 PM

14 posts, read 1,868 times
These surveys and rankings are always amusingly stupid.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:57 PM

93 posts, read 148,596 times
Yes, San Jose does, indeed, suck. These surveys are pretty meaningless. Each person has their own idea of paradise. To me, the godawful monotony of sunny summer days here makes me want to go screaming into the night! Bleah! It's not so much that San Jose and environs are a "hellhole". Not by any means. It's more a deep cosmic feeling of lifelessness.... ya know? Yep, we've got a low crime rate. Congratulations. Maybe we're all too damn bored to be mischievous. Kidding. That actually really is important but life is too short not to live someplace you love. Good luck everyone in your search for your ideal "forever" place.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:22 PM

202 posts, read 220,065 times
Thanks nature1. I leave for my new home in one week! So excited to leave this place behind! I wish you all the best. Even those that have ripped me to shreds because of my distaste for SJ....I am glad you were able to find the happiness in SJ that I have not.
Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose