Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:38 AM

103 posts, read 381,274 times

Advertisements

Let me explain. You could never call MH a hellhole. It's not unpleasant. It's not ugly per se. It's just so bland. No soul,http://www.city-data.com/forum/newth...newthread&f=65 no character, no dissenting opinions. It's soccer mom and pta heaven. Block after block of suburban tract housing (tastfully done, mind you). Enough to bore you to tears. What do you think? Is this the most we should really ask for in this day and age? I mean, people are starving all over the world. BUt still ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 11:39 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Is there not a gang presence, or is that only in Gilroy?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:04 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Personally, I like Morgan Hill. I like the rural atmosphere and the feeling that it's out in the country even though it's so close to San Jose.

I have friends in MH that are very happy and overall I think it's a great place to raise a family.

To each their own. It all depends on peoples' interests. If your the outdoorsy/adventurous type, there's plenty to do. I used to go jet skiing at Anderson Lake all the time and would hardly call that boring. There are many parks/hiking trails in the area as well. If you're not into stuff like that, then I could see how it would be boring.

Honestly, if somebody is sitting around being bored to tears anywhere, they only have themself to blame. Get out there and do stuff...and it's not like you're confined to MH and can't leave the city limits. I've never lived in a city anywhere and felt that I couldn't travel to other parts of the Bay Area for fun stuff to do. There are plenty of boring places in and around the Bay Area. I live in Newark where I have to travel to "exciting" Fremont for any decent shopping/dining/etc. I still like my particular part of town though and find it a pleasant place to live.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:58 PM

264 posts, read 831,475 times
Nature1, how long have you been living in MH? Have you gotten out to meet people/other moms?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:37 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,636 times
It's not Pleasantville for Sierra LaMar.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:06 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
People work hard to live in a nice family friendly place. It's their business, not yours.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:21 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
My wife's granma had a cabin by Coyote lake. I like it around thar...

Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
"exciting" Fremont
One doesn't often see these two words in such close proximity.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:07 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
I grew up in Morgan Hill. It was a bedroom community through and through, but you could tell that some parts were better off than others. There are some areas on the outskirts that are very remote and poor. I had one classmate in high school who lived in a tent behind his family's Pontiac Caravelle, and I remember the moment when he looked at his grades posted on the wall in science class and said, "That's it, I won't graduate." With that he walked out, left the campus and I never saw him again.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
I grew up in Morgan Hill. It was a bedroom community through and through, but you could tell that some parts were better off than others. There are some areas on the outskirts that are very remote and poor. I had one classmate in high school who lived in a tent behind his family's Pontiac Caravelle, and I remember the moment when he looked at his grades posted on the wall in science class and said, "That's it, I won't graduate." With that he walked out, left the campus and I never saw him again.
He upgraded and moved into the Caravelle. Don't need no skool to move up in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose