Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:06 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
Depends on location and level of luxury. A nice complex in a popular location can easily rent for that much.
I rent a nice 2bdrm in a nice neighborhood in Sunnyvale for $1850. Sunnyvale is slightly more expensive than Santa Clara.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 03:04 PM

110 posts, read 269,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoud_mtk View Post
Thanks dears for your reply, that's really helpful. however left me still hesitating about accepting the offer or not

Anyway thanks again and wish you all the best.
A lot of people would literally chop fingers off for a chance to move over and experience living here, there is so much that can be done here cheaply / free , beaches,walks etc etc. There are also a lot of people who live here on a hell of a lot less than 100k a year. If its just the money that motivates you I would stay where you are, if you fancy a new life and challenge then come on over :-)

Old 04-30-2012, 04:58 PM

677 posts, read 835,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I rent a nice 2bdrm in a nice neighborhood in Sunnyvale for $1850. Sunnyvale is slightly more expensive than Santa Clara.
$1,850/month is not "nice" for Sunnyvale. This is "nice" for Sunnyvale: Cherry Orchard

2BR prices from $2,910 to $3,200/month. I know, I used to live there.

And Mountain View and some parts of San Jose can cost even more.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
What exactly do you want out of your residence?

Because you can live in a perfectly nice 2 bedroom apartment in a perfectly okay area for 2,000 a month.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM

25 posts, read 32,829 times
Thanks again dears ..

I'm motivated to move to US for better experience and some academic education as well, I have around 10 years of experience and can't get any more experience where I'm right now, it is nice peaceful place where I'm now and better money as well however it doesn't offer any more career progress. So actually money or savings is not my first motive, however I have to make sure that I can secure a good life for my family as well and have some thing for any emergency or so.

What I used to have is a nice 2br (1100 sf) in a decent compound, I don't care much about compound amenities except green areas and may be some activities for kids. but of course I do care about security and cleanness of the place and modern style of the apartment itself.

Thanks again for your time, this forum is really alive

Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Thanks again dears ..

I'm motivated to move to US for better experience and some academic education as well, I have around 10 years of experience and can't get any more experience where I'm right now, it is nice peaceful place where I'm now and better money as well however it doesn't offer any more career progress. So actually money or savings is not my first motive, however I have to make sure that I can secure a good life for my family as well and have some thing for any emergency or so.

What I used to have is a nice 2br (1100 sf) in a decent compound, I don't care much about compound amenities except green areas and may be some activities for kids. but of course I do care about security and cleanness of the place and modern style of the apartment itself.

Well, I do not know where you're coming from, but aside from a few parts in San Jose, Santa Clara county is generally quite safe and clean.

I have to be honest, I only rented for a few months before buying - but when I was renting, I looked at some properties from this company:

Apartments for Rent in Northern California, California

They seemed pretty nice, but I went with a dirt cheap place with a month to month, since it was very temporary for me.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:45 AM

25 posts, read 32,829 times
Hi rimmerama,

Thanks, the link you posted seems very helpful, I see excellent rates for 2br.

And by the way, I'm currently working in Middle East.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,696,422 times
"Decent package in the bay area" was my online dating profile handle for years.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:45 PM

110 posts, read 269,876 times
Quote:
Thanks again dears ..

Have a look at here Palm Valley Apartments - Communities in San Jose/Silicon Valley, CA really nice setup

Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
$1,850/month is not "nice" for Sunnyvale. This is "nice" for Sunnyvale: Cherry Orchard
I didn't say it's the nicest place in Sunnyvale. I said it's a nice place, meaning that it's the kind of place/neighborhood most people would consider safe, clean, pretty, and a good place to live. I personally consider it a very good place to live, and I would not trade it for anyplace that costs $1000 more because to me that's a waste of money and I'm not going to gain anything important by moving into a luxury apartment.

Quote:
2BR prices from $2,910 to $3,200/month. I know, I used to live there.
What you're talking about is luxury apartments. The OP isn't looking for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose