Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 04:26 AM

3 posts, read 4,894 times

Advertisements

moving to northern cal for a sales job that covers all of northern cal so I can live in any area I want really. I was debating between San Jose, San Fran, or maybe another area. Let me know what city in NorthCal you think would be the best for me and where in that city.....neighborhoods apartments?

here are some of my preferences.

-fun nightlife bar/club for young professional crowd .
-rent max around 2,000
-safe area
-most physically attractive women around my age (I know its not Socal but i find as close to model type as possible and Caucasian attractive).
-place to park car
-nice gym with young people

things that are not that big of deal to me

-restaurants
-diversity
-artsy scene
-live music
-gay scene

any help to what neighborhood you think would be a good spot for me in northern California according to what i value any help would be great.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
"Northern California" is a huge, huge place. If you could describe your territory more specifically it would help.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeaboss69 View Post

-most physically attractive women around my age (I know its not Socal but i find as close to model type as possible and Caucasian attractive)...

-restaurants
-diversity
-artsy scene
-live music
-gay scene
[<<<sigh>>>]

Here we go again. Why are closed-minded people moving to the Bay freakin' Area, of all places!? Anybody really wanna root for yuppification again?

Old 05-18-2012, 02:49 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
[<<<sigh>>>]

Here we go again. Why are closed-minded people moving to the Bay freakin' Area, of all places!? Anybody really wanna root for yuppification again?
Really? He said diversity wasn't important to him. That doesn't mean he dislikes diversity, that just means it isn't one of the key things for him when looking for a place to live.

Frankly I, and a lot of people, am the same way. Most major metro areas outside the midwest are quite diverse overall - so it isn't something you have to make a top priority to seek out.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:07 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmordean View Post
Really? He said diversity wasn't important to him. That doesn't mean he dislikes diversity, that just means it isn't one of the key things for him when looking for a place to live.

Frankly I, and a lot of people, am the same way. Most major metro areas outside the midwest are quite diverse overall - so it isn't something you have to make a top priority to seek out.
When you make sure to include Caucasian right off the bat, with a stated dislike of diversity, it's a red flag. Might work for Lubbock or Wichita, but hard to take seriously for SF.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:44 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,723,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
When you make sure to include Caucasian right off the bat, with a stated dislike of diversity, it's a red flag.
The OP didn't state a dislike of diversity. He said it was "not that big of deal" or he was indifferent to diversity along with restaurants, live music and artsy scene. He also said the gay scene was "not that big of deal" which to you would probably make him homophobic.

He also stated he prefers women who are caucasian and look like models. So what?

Old 05-18-2012, 06:27 PM

55 posts, read 79,139 times
I would suggest Sacramento. It is supposed to be one of the best places for single guys. You can thank me later.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:24 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeaboss69 View Post
moving to northern cal for a sales job that covers all of northern cal so I can live in any area I want really. I was debating between San Jose, San Fran, or maybe another area. Let me know what city in NorthCal you think would be the best for me and where in that city.....neighborhoods apartments?

here are some of my preferences.

-fun nightlife bar/club for young professional crowd .
-rent max around 2,000
-safe area
-most physically attractive women around my age (I know its not Socal but i find as close to model type as possible and Caucasian attractive).
-place to park car
-nice gym with young people

-restaurants
-diversity
-artsy scene
-live music
-gay scene

any help to what neighborhood you think would be a good spot for me in northern California according to what i value any help would be great.

thanks
I kinda think Sacramento might work best for you as well. SF probably has the best night life, but it's expensive and you probably wouldn't care about a lot of its other amenities.

San Jose is sort of a much more expensive version of Sacramento with somewhat cooler summers and a lot of tech geeks (Men outnumber women in SJ) and the nightlife is dull here.

I haven't lived in Sac. in years. But I suspect its nightlife will be the same as San Jose's or a little better and the cost of living is significantly lower than anywhere in the Bay Area.

All 3 cities are ethnically diverse, but Sacramento probably the most Caucasian of the 3, but the percentage of the population in Sac. who are professionals would also be a bit lower.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,723,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I kinda think Sacramento might work best for you as well. SF probably has the best night life, but it's expensive and you probably wouldn't care about a lot of its other amenities.

San Jose is sort of a much more expensive version of Sacramento with somewhat cooler summers and a lot of tech geeks (Men outnumber women in SJ) and the nightlife is dull here.

I haven't lived in Sac. in years. But I suspect its nightlife will be the same as San Jose's or a little better and the cost of living is significantly lower than anywhere in the Bay Area.

All 3 cities are ethnically diverse, but Sacramento probably the most Caucasian of the 3, but the percentage of the population in Sac. who are professionals would also be a bit lower.
I agree with Sacramento. Check out the Midtown area. Lots of government workers in the area.

http://sacramento.downtowngrid.com

Last edited by humboldtrat; 05-19-2012 at 11:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose