U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 8,603 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I'm an international student who's curious if there's any studios in San Jose for MAX $700 (would prefer $650.) I saw an ad on craigslist, but for that price both the kitchen and the bathroom was shared.

Is there studios for that price with private kitchen and bath?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 03:25 PM

9 posts, read 13,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bune View Post
Hi there. I'm an international student who's curious if there's any studios in San Jose for MAX $700 (would prefer $650.) I saw an ad on craigslist, but for that price both the kitchen and the bathroom was shared.

For that price you're probably looking at a room with shared amenities. Try looking in Japantown/downtown, especially now with SJSU getting out there might be a lot more options for your price range.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 PM

3,894 posts, read 5,234,699 times
Quote:

Yes there is. There are small studios for $600/month ane these are located in project-type apartment buildings where many of your neighbors will be Section 8 qualified and some of your neighbors will be crack heads and junkies.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM

7,590 posts, read 6,665,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Yes there is. There are small studios for $600/month ane these are located in project-type apartment buildings where many of your neighbors will be Section 8 qualified and some of your neighbors will be crack heads and junkies.
Better off just parking an old Winnebago somewhere and living out of that.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM

94 posts, read 156,536 times
No, there aren't any studios you would want to live in for this price. Most room shares are more than $700 per month. If you look hard, you might find something decent for $1,000, but I'm not as up on the rental market as I was a few months ago. If my numbers are off, it's that $1,000 isn't enough.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:01 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,709,173 times
Quote:

If your concerned with price, I would look at moving somewhere else as the cost of living there is beyond ridiculous. I live in luxury studio with a large roman tub, washer dryer, dishwasher, and many other amenities for $415 a month. My apartment would probably go for $1,200-$1,500 in San Jose.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
If your concerned with price, I would look at moving somewhere else as the cost of living there is beyond ridiculous. I live in luxury studio with a large roman tub, washer dryer, dishwasher, and many other amenities for $415 a month. My apartment would probably go for $1,200-$1,500 in San Jose.
Your prospects for a good job and substantially higher payscale, on average, would also be increased in SJ compared to LV. They get paid more, and they pay more, and enjoy all that the Bay Area has to offer.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:08 AM

14,380 posts, read 12,279,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Actually, $1500 would be the low end for all those amenities.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 AM

14,380 posts, read 12,279,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Your prospects for a good job and substantially higher payscale, on average, would also be increased in SJ compared to LV. They get paid more, and they pay more, and enjoy all that the Bay Area has to offer.
Depends on the type of job you have. Not all of us are engineers/computer programmers. For a lot of people working retail jobs and other moderate to low paying jobs, they'd be a lot better off in Vegas. I suspect this is also true for a fair number of engineers & other professionals as well.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
For a lot of people working retail jobs and other moderate to low paying jobs, they'd be a lot better off in Vegas.
Until they get the electric bill for all the kWh burned by the AC.

Jobs aren't exactly falling from the sky out that way these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose